Search for content in message boards

DAY's of Williamstown and Sheffield in 1800

DAY's of Williamstown and Sheffield in 1800

Posted: 8 Jan 2003 3:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jan 2006 6:06PM GMT
Surnames: DAY
Looking for the birthplace of John DAY b. Jun 12, 1785 to unknown parents, etc. Needing info. on the JOHN DAY's of Berkshire Co......1800 Census.
Williamstown - pg. 132
Sheffield - pg. 229.
Seeking information of my G-G-G Grandfather who married Electa Wormer in Locke, NY ..Oct 1807.
Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: DAY's of Williamstown and Sheffield in 1800

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 4:53PM GMT
Have you tried looking in Lee, MA? I am related to the Wormer line and would like to share information. Electa's father Aaron was orphaned at abt 14 y.o. and went to live with his sister Elizabeth Van Deusen in Lee, Bershire, MA. He married Phebe Vallete abt 1780 and moved his family to Locke in the early 1800's. There was also a brother Jeremiah among other older siblings. Aaron and Phebe's children were Lawrence, Jeremiah, John V, Electa, Mary Ann, William B and Abraham. Electa and her husband John Day moved to Tioga County PA (Middlebury Twp), as did Abraham and his family (Little Marsh). There is a good webpage with the burial locations at: http://www.rootsweb.com/~srgp/cemt/westfamc.htm. Do you have anything more on Electa and their children?

Posted: 8 Oct 2007 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: DAY
Hi Cindy..........John Day & Electa Wormer had 8 sons & 2 daughters. I am a descendent of son # 6 (Solomon) and I have found living descendents of 6 of the 8 brothers. I am also in contact with a descendent of Abraham Wormer.
Look forward to our correspondence.

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 7:11AM GMT
Surnames: Van Wormer, Wormer, Day, Vallette
My ancestor was Electa's youngest brother Abraham so we share ancestry from Aaron and Phebe Vallette Wormer back to Lawrence Cornelius of Wormer Holland (came over in 1659). I have some information on each of them but always looking for more pieces to the puzzle. Can we get off the postings and just use email? I use family tree maker if we can share trees. Thanks.

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 7:15AM GMT
Surnames: Van Wormer, Wormer
On previous message I meant to say the immigrant was Laurens Janssen of Wormer, not Lawrence Cornelius who was the third gen.

Posted: 9 Oct 2007 7:10PM GMT
No problem............I also use Family treemaker.....so that makes things alot easier. I have over 2000 names....

please use my e-mail address: jraymontky@aol.com

I live in Louisville, KY
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions