Search for content in message boards

looking for Bradley's from County Cork Ireland

looking for Bradley's from County Cork Ireland

Posted: 28 Dec 2005 3:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
If anyone has any info on Bradley's from Ireland or Calif. please e-mail me' i'm new to this.

Re: looking for Bradley's ..Ireland, California

Jan (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2005 11:51PM GMT
One of my far back grandfathers Ichem Bradley, b. 1725, was from Ireland. I don't know if it was Cork County. Some of his descendents moved from Missouri to California in the early 1900's.

Posted: 6 Feb 2006 8:33AM GMT
I don't know about missouri. My grandfather Ted Bradley was born in Helena Montana his father George, i'm not sure. I'm very new to this and don't quite know where to start.

Barbara (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2006 1:38AM GMT
All along I thought my Bradley's were County Donegal. While I think most did live there(my grandfather and his siblings were born in Co Donegal) Now I have begun wondering if thats where they were from originally.
Bernard Brandley wifes's name unknown at this point.
Had a son Cornelius, who married Mary Dogherty.
They had 3 children: Bernard (1838) Cornelius(1840-"Con") and Moira.(1844).
Bernard(1838) was my great grandfather. He married Mary McGeoghan. and they too had 3 children: Mary(1855) Margaret(1863) Patrick(1864-my grandfather)
Mary and Margaret wound up in Santa Clara CA area(san Jose?) The both married O'Connor's from Canada and each had a bunch of kids. Margaret's son Frank married Mary Wade, and Kenneth married Renee Rossi.
Mary married Matthew O'Connor, Margaret married Patrick O'Connor.
My grandfather(to be) stayed in MA and on April 17, 1902 in the Dorchester section of Boston at St Peter's church married Mary Ann O'Donnell. They would have 6 children, and live in Malden, Peabody and finally Salem Ma. Patrick died in Salem March 14, 1931, Mary Ann died Nov 20, 1958 in Salem Ma.
I think Mary(Bradley)O'Connor died in 1946, and Margaret(1956) both in Santa Clara. Think they are buried at Mission Cemetery in the area someplace.

What other surnames do you have that connect to the Bradley's? That could help. I have a whole other branch of my family(grandmother O'Donnell's) cousins from Co Cork-definately.

Barbara

Sam (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2006 8:36PM GMT
Surnames: Bradley, O'Connor, Dougherty, Adam, Winterhalder, Lawler, Sinnott
Mary Bradley m Matthew O'Connor
Margaret(mary's sister) married Patrick O'Connor(matthew's yonger brother.
Mary and Matthew had
Mary M, Kellie C, Jennie f, Annie T, James J, Kessie E,
Kate J, Mabel C, and Genevieve all born in the Santa Clara area of Ca.
Margaret(Bradley)O'CVonnor and Patrick had
Mary J, Frank A, Annie, Clara T(became a nun) Kenneth, Jane and Margaret M.

So I have a Bradley O'Connor connection in CA
other names connected to them are:
William Adam, William Patrick Dougherty, James Thorpe,
James Lawler, George L Winterhalder, Sarah Doherty(patricks oconnors first wife) Louis Dellamonica,
Renee Rossi, Mary Wade, Nicholas Sinnott, Phillip and James Dougherty(maybe Williams brothers).

Good Luck and thank you. Let me know if you find any connections.
I have a lot of Irish in my family most in Ma
O'Donnell, Doherty, Lynch, Sweeney, Daley, Watt, Conley,
etc.

Posted: 4 Jul 2010 3:13AM GMT
Searching for Bradleys from Ireland (possibly Northern, Londonderry Co.). Mark (born circa 1791) who married Rose Ann Loughlin/Laughlin (born circa 1794) emigrated with their two daughters (Rose Ann, born circa 1827 and Mary, born circa 1829) to Mountain Township, Dundas Co., Ontario, Canada circa 1830 where they had 4 sons (Mark, b. circa 1831; Henry, b. circa 1834; Lawrence, b. circa 1836 and James, b. circa 1839). Any links on these and /or decendants and / or ancestors would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Brian
email: bcbrad3@gmail.com

Posted: 19 May 2011 8:23PM GMT
According to my Father... My great grandad came from Cork and left for Liverpool, UK and started a family there. There is a huge Bradley presence in Liverpool. Also a village named Bradley in England, I think its in Warwickshire. I am not aware of Family in the US but certainly in Canada and Australia.

Re: looking for Bradley's from County Cork Ireland

Posted: 23 May 2011 12:11PM GMT
hi,my grandfather was from co.cork.his name was patrick and wife was catherine{katherine}harty.hope this helps.

Posted: 22 Mar 2012 5:08AM GMT
Hi,
I have ancestors that went to the NY, USA from Cork Co. Ireland. Apparantly there were 2 brothers who left together but had a disagreement and parted ways upon arrival. I believe one brother's name was Charles Bradley (my gg grandfather)I don't know the other brothers name, I do know that Charles married Amelia Shuman and had at least one son Harry Julius Bradley (relocated to Canada) who married Lucy Howarth. This is all of the info I have if anyone knows anything more please let me know.

Posted: 29 May 2012 8:08PM GMT
i have a james bradley that was born in ireland. he married a cateren smith or smithpeter in 1802.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic