Search for content in message boards

Flavel & Harriet Cogswell Lyman

Flavel & Harriet Cogswell Lyman

Posted: 21 Aug 2003 5:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lyman, Cogswell
Seeking information on Flavel Lyman d. 18 Mar 1885 at Andover, Tolland Co., Ct. and his wife Harriet Cogswell Lyman d. 21 Apr 1883 at Andover, Tolland Co., Ct. Both reportedly buried in a "family plot" in Andover. Can anyone assist here? Thanks, Tim

Re: Flavel & Harriet Cogswell Lyman

Stephen E. Simon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 5:41PM GMT
Flavel & Harriet are buried in the Old Andover Cemetery, Andover, CT. Did they divorce??

Tim (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 6:18PM GMT
I am not sure if they were divorced or not. There seems to be some mystery about that. Tim

Stephen E. Simon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 6:41PM GMT
A researcher that came in my genealogy library has a George Saunders as an ancestor. On his Civil War pension papers, it says his parents were Harriet Lyman & Flavel--that is what the researcher said. Harriet Lyman is living with George in the 1880 census in Palmer, MA. Flavel Lyman is living witha nephew in Andover, CT. George died in Springfield, MA.

Tim (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2003 7:49PM GMT
I believe that I have been in contact with the same lady. I was not sure so could not answer her question on this. It is possible that they were divorced but I have no proof of that. I wish I had more to go on. Please let me know if more is found to support this finding. Tim

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 8:00PM GMT
yes they did divorce my aunt has a copy of the divorce papers
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions