Search for content in message boards

Atlee mercer

Atlee mercer

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2000 12:44PM GMT
Looking for information about Atlee mercer born about 1844, in Lancaster, Pa. Married an Elizabeth Wentz.

Re: Atlee Mercer

Posted: 6 Apr 2006 8:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Kathy, if you are still at this e-mail, contact me. Atlee was a half brother to John Ingersoll Mercer. John married Susan Frew the sister of my grandfather.

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: Mercer
Do you have any information on Atlee's father. grandfather and older? (I am watching the thread on Henry Hugh Mercer.) I csn trace the Mercer family tree from Bucks County to Philadelphia to Lancaster County, but that's about it. Thanks.
Tom Sundstrom

Posted: 5 Apr 2010 11:44PM GMT
Information that I have on Atlee Mercer born c1844 is as follows:
parents were - Mahlon Huff Mercer and Maria E. Brady
per information I received from Ben Mercer Mahlon's father was Harry Huff Mercer.
Mahlon Huff Mercer was born between 1810 and 1812 in Lancaster, and died June 1, 1896 in Phiadelphia, Pa.
Maria Brady was born September 5, 1811 in Baden, Germany and died February 6, 1850 somewhere in Pennsylvania. They had the following children.....
Sarah (Sallie) M. Miller about 1847.
Three unnamed children born before 1850
Martha R. Mercer, born 1840
Clarinda/Clasinda M. Mercer, born 1837.
and Mahlon Atlee Mercer 1844 - Sept. 15, 1887 in Phila.
All children born in Lancaster County, Pa.
Mahlon Huff also married Maria Barbara Graeff about 1851. She was born March 20, 1822 in Baden, Germany and died Decenber 24, 1892 in Philadelphuia, Pa.
This marriag produced
John Ingersoll Mercer July 21, 1853 in Lanc. Co. to January 28, 1940 in Philadelphia, Pa.
John married Susan LeFevre Frew, sister to my grandfather and daughter of James Frew and Rachel Foster. Susan was born January 28, 1873 in Paradise, Lanc. Co. Pa. and died January 24, 1948 in Philadelphia,
Charles Henry Mercer

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 1:33AM GMT
lindazinger sent you information that I posted earlier.
Mahlon Huff Mercer's first wife was Mary Brady, according to her tombstone.
Atlee mercer son of Mahlon Huff Mercer married Elizabeth
Wentz.
Harry I Mercer, son of Atlee Mercer also had a son, named Atlee M. born 1920 in Pennsylvania, possibley Philadelphia.
Somewhere I found something that said that Mahlon was born in Chester county. Will have to look for it. Thats all I have right now. I do have the names of Atlee and Elizabeth Mercer's children if you would like that information.
Kathy Mercer for Ben Mercer - kthymrcr@aol.com

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 1:33AM GMT
Thank you very much for the information. Though I had some of the family, dates and locations wound up opening new green leaves. I traced Graeff back to at least 1590 in Switzerland. On the Mercer tree, Charles H is my wife's great grandfather, married to Mary Jane (unkn last name) (1858-1910). Their issue was Charles W Mercer (1885-1934), m. Florence Morris. Their issue was another Charles W Mercer (1912-1995), m. Mildred F. Weber. I have headstone photos of Mary Jane (not Charles H though) to her parents. You are welcome to make a connection to my tree and pick up the data. My wife was told by her father that he had roots back to the Revolutionary War; I was trying to (1) work backward from Henry Huff Mercer and (2) work forward from Hugh Mercer of Revolutionary War fame. I cannot go further back than Henry Huff Mercer. Thanks again.
Tom Sundstrom

Re: Henry Huff Mercer

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 1:53AM GMT
Can you tell me where you found the information on Henry Huff Mercer.
A friend gave us a small book on Gen. Hugh Mercer.called the forgotten hero of the american revolution. I can't find anything to conect to either.
Mahlon, his two wifes, and son Atlee are buried in the Lancaster Cemetery. Along with an unnamed child.

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 1:57AM GMT
Kathy, I saw your earlier information and it was helpful. I looked through the Chester cemetery records on line but I didn't find Charles. For Atlee and Elizabeth, I have only John H Mercer (1872-unkn) who shows up in an 1880 Federal Census. Were there more children? As I said to Linda, I'm trying to connect a Mercer to the two Hugh Mercers. Who were the parents etc of Henry Hugh Mercer, that is the puzzle. You are welcome to connect to my tree. Thanks again for your reply.
Tom Sundstrom

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 2:05AM GMT
I don't remember where I found it, and I'll double-check. At first glance I think I made a mistake looking on other public trees. Sorry.

Posted: 6 Apr 2010 3:18AM GMT
I have reviewed the files I've collected and I probably made an error. I have removed the record. Perhaps I read one thing and saw something else. I have three generations of Charles Mercer to keep straight, one H and two W's -- and I get confused easily. Senior synapse misfire. :-)
Tom
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions