Search for content in message boards

Lorbicky, Lorbiecki, Lorbricka

Lorbicky, Lorbiecki, Lorbricka

Bob Tatalovich (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2003 10:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lorbiecki, Kufel, Kuffel
I've been tracking my grandfather (Joseph Kufel) to his birth in Polonia Wisconsin. His marriage record (3 July 1912--St Hedwig's Catholic Church, Milwaukee WI--father John Kufel; mother listed as Pauline Lorbricka), and the 1900 & 1880 census led me to believe that his mother was Pauline/Paulina Lorbicky, shown as the daughter of Peter & Josephine in the 1870 census (WI, Portage County, Sharon Township).
Any information about Pauline, Peter, and Josephine (maiden name unknown) would be appreciated. When did they come to the US? Where were they born--census shows Prussia?

Re: Lorbicky, Lorbiecki, Lorbricka

Posted: 31 Oct 2006 1:42AM GMT
Hello,

I have information on a sister of my grandfather. My grandfather was John R. Lorbiecki (later Lorbeck), son of August Lorbiecki and Ludwica/Ludwika/Lulla Malek/Mallick. John had a sister Emmeline Pauline born in Stockton. Could she be your relative?

Re: Kufel in Milwaukee

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 2:35PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2013 1:28PM GMT
Surnames: Kufel
There's some connection of a Josef Kufel (d. 1931) with the town "Klein-Byslaw".

"Milwaukee's German Newspapers; an index of death notices and related items" (1844-1950).
Gary Rebholz, compiler/editor
Milwaukee Wis.
gary.rebholz@gmail.com
Indexing Milwaukee's German newspapers continuously since 2007... helping to access our historic German-American culture.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions