Search for content in message boards

Muus (Muhs), Lutt, Schade, Ladehof, Luethje, Meyer, Fipp, Wiese

Muus (Muhs), Lutt, Schade, Ladehof, Luethje, Meyer, Fipp, Wiese

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 11:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Oct 2002 9:07PM GMT
Surnames: Muhs, Muus, Schade
Researching these surnames in Schleswig-Holstein in the following places: Schlesen, Selent, Fargau, Segeburg, Salzau, Sechendorf Stoltenberg and Pratjau.
Johann Heinrich Muus born in Schlesen, the adopted son of Wulf Lutt, married Caroline Sophie Johanne Schade from Selent, the daughter of Claus Hinrich Schade and Caroline Sophie Johanne, nee Ladehof on 13 Jan. 1837. They had the following children:
Margaretha Luise Muus b. 1838
Claus Friedrich Muus b. 1840
Wulf Christian Muus b. 1842 in Fargau He married Maria Magdalena Meyer on 11 Dec. 1864. They had the following children:
Wilhelm Friedrich Muus (Muhs) b. 1865 in Fargau
Friedrich Muus (Muhs) b. 1867 in Fargau
Caroline Dorothea Muus (Muhs) b. 1868 in Fargau
Johannes Muus (Muhs) b. 1872 in Fargau
Baptism records from church in Segeberg
Maria died in Jan. 1875. In June 1875 Wulf married Friedericke Christine Wilhelmie Luethje, daughter of Christian
Friedrich Luethje and Anna Dorothea, nee Fipp in Sechendorf.
They had the following children:
Heinrich Muus (Muhs) b. 1876 in Fargau
Julius Muus (Muhs) b. 1877 in Fargau
Ernst Muus (Muhs) b. 1880 in Fargau
Louise Charlotte Muus (Muhs) in 1883 in Fargau
Baptism records in Salzau
Wulf, his wife and children emigrated to the USA in the 1880's.
No knowledge of Margaretha or Claus Friedrich. The Muhs family intermarried with the Wiese family from that area also. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Sharon

Re: Muus (Muhs), Lutt, Schade, Ladehof, Luethje, Meyer, Fipp, Wiese

Posted: 9 Oct 2002 1:35AM GMT
Edited: 3 Mar 2005 1:06AM GMT
Surnames: Ladehoff
Dear Sharon, my name is Sharon also. I am interested in the Ladehof you have in your message. My G. Grandfather was Detlef Ladehoff, they changed the spelling from Ladehof to Ladehoff along the way. Please email me. Thanks so much. Sharon

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2003 12:58AM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2003 7:18PM GMT
Surnames: Mackoben, Macoben, Ladehof, Doose, Dose
Searching out my Grandfather's mother and her family. His mother was Lucia Dorothea Mackoben, daughter of Detlef Hinrich Mackoben and Hedewig Christina Ladehof. Lucia is listed in 1803 in Gadendorf, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, census as one year old and Hedewig is listed as 34 years old. Lucia, Grandpa's father and two of their children died in 1844 in Gadendorf during a diptheria epidemic. Hedewig died before 1855, her husband Detlef is listed in the 1855 Panker census as age 77, widower, Lutjenberg, retiree. Any information on the Ladehof family would be very much appreciated. My Grandfather Detlef W. Doose (also spelled as Dose) and his four daughters by his first marriage settled in Mineola, Mills County, IA in 1870. His aunt had settled there earlier--and one of her descendants married a Weise in northeast NE in the 1920s.

Dorothea Ladehof (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 2:04PM GMT
Hi,

my name is Dorothea Ladehof and as you might guess, I`m from Germany. The places ya`ll were looking for, were all in the north of Germany, which is where I come from , too (Schleswig). My familiy originated around Bremen. At least as far I now. All I know now is that are only a handfull of Ladehofs left spellled with one f. Well, what I wanted to let you now, is that I planned on searching on that kind of stuff and will let you know if I find out more (as I`m closer to those places :))

Bye
Thea

Dorothea Ladehof (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2004 2:06PM GMT
Hi,

my name is Dorothea Ladehof and as you might guess, I`m from Germany. Funnily, my Dad`s name is Detlef Ladehof as well. The places ya`ll were looking for, were all in the north of Germany, which is where I come from , too (Schleswig). My familiy originated around Bremen. At least as far I now. All I know now is that are only a handfull of Ladehofs left spellled with one f. Well, what I wanted to let you now, is that I planned on searching on that kind of stuff and will let you know if I find out more (as I`m closer to those places :))

Posted: 24 Nov 2004 3:57PM GMT
Edited: 15 May 2006 2:45AM GMT
Surnames: Ladehof, Matthiensen
My gggrandmother, Margrethe Elisabeth Ladehof, b abt 1807 in Vogelsdorf, married Christian Matthiensen abt 1830. They lived in Hohenfelde until emigrating to US in 1862 settling in Mills Co, IA. She was a hebamme - midwife. I was in Panker, Hohenfelde, Vogelsdorf in 1998 but church books were away being microfilmed, so I wasn't able to research her. Any connection to other Ladehof's in this thread?

Jo Ann Meyer Stratton, IFA, SRA (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2004 4:10PM GMT
Don't have any proof or information--but I would make a big guess that we have the same ancestors. Hohenfelde and Giekau are very close in distance--other ancestors or relatives of ancestors in my family came from Hohenfelde. In June of 2004 there was a Family Research day in Mineola, IA for descendants of families from Giekau, close to 200 people came. Another gathering is being planned for the future. There was a Matthieson branch there that had Ladehofs in their family tree. Hans Peter Voss, a researcher in Germany, had found the information on my ancestors and then we were able to make connections to a lot of other relatives. A great great aunt of mine has decendants with the last name of Wiese. Other members of my family tree are Doose (Dose), Meyer, Dorhmann (Dorhman), Dorman, etc.

Posted: 8 Apr 2008 7:07PM GMT
Surnames: Muhs, Eyberg, Hannemann
My great, great grandfather, Georg Eyberg married Carolina 'Lena' Muhs on 2 MAR 1892. Her father was Wulf Christian Muhs. I have her mother listed as Caroline Meier rather than Friedericke Christine Wilhemie Luethje. The birthdate is the same year, 1868.

Posted: 9 Apr 2008 2:32AM GMT
I have Muus(Muhs) and Wiese. I know the Wiese is from Selent, SH.
Please contact me. gemayhew@mchsi.com

Posted: 16 Mar 2009 8:32PM GMT
Have not worked on this line for some time so am quite late with your reply. Sorry! You are correct. Wulf Christian was married twice. Caroline (Lena) is from the first marriage who was a Meier. I have copies of baptismal records from Schleswig-Holstein. According to them she was born October 16, 1868 and baptized November 21, 1868.
Caroline would have been a sister to my grandfather, Johannes.
Please e-mail me directly @ jsturek.neb.rr.com. I would so love to exchange info with you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions