Search for content in message boards

James Smith (1839-1923), son of William Smith

James Smith (1839-1923), son of William Smith

Posted: 10 Nov 2010 1:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm hoping to find some info. on James "Billy" Smith 19 Mar 1839-16 Aug 1923. Buried in Pleasant Hill Cem. He was the son of William Smith (1811-1880).

James married Delilia O. (Vickemore) Owens 1881 Jeff. Co. According to this marriage record this was his 4th marriage.

According to his obit it states he had a surviving son and a daughter but they were un-named. I believe that the son may have been Jos. H. Smith born 10 Mar 1869 Jeff. Co.-16 May 1922 Clinton Co., Ill. Married Della (Moore) Gobble 1914 Bond Co., Ill. His death record states his father was Jim Smith born Mt. Vernon, Ill. and mother was America Moore born Ill. I've found a marriage for James Smith to America Moore 10 Feb 1867 Marion Co., Ill.

I can not find an America Moore on the 1860 census nor can I find James, America and children in the 1870 census.

I'm told that James Smith may have married Lydia Lyle but I can't find this marriage. In any case I'm still trying to find his other two marriages and info. on his son and daughter. Its believed that the daughter's name might be Ann??

Any help or info. would be greatly appreciated!

Patricia

Re: James Smith (1839-1923), son of William Smith

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:06AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
Hi I am Marty Restivo. I have James Smith and America Moore in my grand kids tree. Do you have info on their families? yThanks Mart

Re: James Smith (1839-1923), son of William Smith

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 12:42AM GMT
Surnames: Smith
America Moore in household of M G Moore, "United States Census, 1850"

Name: America Moore
Event Type: Census
Event Date: 1850
Event Place: Calloway county, Calloway, Kentucky, United States
Marital Status:
Race (Original):
Race:
Birthplace: Kentucky
Birth Year (Estimated): 1844
House Number: 14
Family Number: 14
Line Number: 21
Affiliate Publication Number: M432
Affiliate Film Number: 194
GS Film number: 7847
Digital Folder Number: 004193960
Image Number: 00378
Household Gender Age Birthplace
M G Moore M 32 Ohio
Mary Moore F 28 Ohio
F M Moore M 11 Kentucky
Geo W Moore M 9 Kentucky
America Moore F 6 Kentucky
A F Moore M 3 Kentucky
B W Moore M 1 Kentucky

Reply Report Abuse Print
Re: Joseph and Moses G Moore or William Thomas Moore
marysannar (View posts) Posted: 7 Mar 2009 11:28PM
I have an Isaac Americus Moore and a S.B.(Bascom)Moore , so far my line goes to William Harvey Moore of Kentucky. Who died in Jefferson county Illinois. I don't know when. I need to go behind William. If I can help let me know.

Reply Report Abuse Print
Re: Joseph and Moses G Moore or William Thomas Moore
phillipcooper (View posts) Posted: 18 Mar 2009 2:15AM
Surnames: Moore
I've got your Joseph Bascomb Moore, son of Moses G. Moore who was born in Ohio about 1818, married Mary Shotwell, and moved to Calloway County, Kentucky. Moses' offspring include Frances M Moore, a male born about. 1939, George W. Moore, a male born about 1841, America Moore, a female born about 1844, Aaron F. Moore (my great grandfather), born about 1847, B.W. Moore, a male born about 1849, and James M. Moore, a male born on August 4, 1853. I believe that he remarried between the years of 1849 and 1857 to a Sarah A. (last name unknown) who gave birth, possibly to James M, and also Robert M. Moore, a male born in 1857, your Joseph Bascomb Moore, born on April 3, 1858, and finally, Mary A. Moore, born about 1865. The exact parentage is complicated by the fact that I can't find any information during this time period. It is possible the Mary A. was the only child attributable to Sarah A.
Joseph Bascomb Moore was married to Martha Ann McDaniel in 1882 and she bore, William Dow Moore on January 13, 1886, and Charlie H. Moore in February of 1889.
The reason you may be having trouble finding Joseph Bascomb is that he relocated to the adjacent county of Marshall, Kentucky and settled near the town of Benton.
I have much more information on the Moses G. Moore family and am willing to share. Please contact me at 4pcooper@concentric.net or 4pcooper@comcast.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions