Search for content in message boards

James Caldwell

James Caldwell

Posted: 7 Jul 2009 1:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Sep 2010 6:20AM GMT
Surnames: Caldwell, Nutt
I'm diligently looking for any information on James Caldwell, who is rumored to be an early pioneer in the Sinking Valley region of Pennsylvania around 1787. He is an ancestor of mine and I'd like to confirm his parents who are believed to be John Caldwell and Mary Nutt of Scotland. John, Mary & their two sons James & Alexander are listed in several books on Scottish Immigrants and arrived in New York in 1739. Any help would be appreciated!

Angie Klatik

Re: James Caldwell - Early Settler in Sinking Valley PA abt 1787

Posted: 20 Jul 2009 9:52PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2009 11:44AM GMT
Surnames: Caldwell
I have a document called the Caldwell Family probably written around 1897 (just copies) not originals. It states that James Caldwell was a delegate near Harrisbur PA and a cousin of J.F. Caldwell (Joseph, but it does not state whom the mother and Father is). This document was found in SC at my wifes aunt s house, who recently passed. It may be different Caldwells. It began with 3 brothers - John Alexander and Oliver (14th Century)resided in Toulan France, then Solway Frith, Scotland and later to Ireland. Also, a Caldwell Family Plot is in Newberry, SC along with the Ruffs.

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 12:34AM GMT
I am interested . I have the same Caldwells in my lines . Can you please email me at donaldandlorene1@comcast.net My name is Lorene . Thank you so much .. Lorene

Posted: 21 Jul 2009 2:32PM GMT
Edited: 21 Jul 2009 5:01PM GMT
My Caldwell family was also in the Lancaster/York County area of Pennsylvania circa 1790-1845.

We would be interested in a copy of the document.

Please advise.

Norman C. Caldwell, P.S.
738 N. Park St.
Owosso, MI, 48867

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 1:39AM GMT
These will be mailed on Friday.

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 3:00AM GMT
Thank You very much for helping us with our families and ancestors . That is so kind of you . Lorene

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 5:08AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jul 2009 11:25AM GMT
My gggrandfather was Andras Caldwell of TN who may have descended from a Joseph Caldwell of PA. I would like to have a copy of this document.

Mary B. Pinnix
260 Briar Ridge Rd.
Whitwell, TN 37397

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 3:23PM GMT
I would be very interested in getting a copy of this document. My email address is raesunshin@aol.com. Please let me know if I can get it. The connections to South Carolina and Toulon France would be indicators that we share fammily. If we do, I would be happy to send my information to you as well.

Posted: 24 Jul 2009 5:53PM GMT
To cpert_1--
I would like to know how much you are charging and how you are doing it?
thank you

Posted: 26 Jul 2009 1:41PM GMT
I'm sorry for the delayed response. If it's an easy task for you, I'd also like a copy of the document. My home email is amklatik@yahoo.com. If you need additional contact information, please send me an email and I'll be happy to provide it. Thanks so much!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic