Search for content in message boards

NSDAR lookup

NSDAR lookup

Richard C. Fluck (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2003 3:04AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rouse, Dawson, Hardy, Mewborn
Thanks so much to Jan for looking up several of my ancestors. Here are some of my wife's ancestors who might have served in Rev. War:
1. John Rouse, Jr.-- Winnifred Smith, ca 1765-10/22/1844, North Carolina.
2. John Dawson -- Sallie Herring, ?-?, North carolina or Virginia.
3. Lemuel Benjamin "Lamb" Hardy, II -- Mary Elizabeth Sutton, 5/20/1730-1/1/1797.
4. Parrott Mewborn -- Lydia Howell Hardy, ?-?, North Carolina.

Re: NSDAR lookup

Elaine (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jun 2003 3:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dawson, Hardy, Rouse, Mewborn
Hi Richard, Glad that Jan was able to help you. Here is the information that I have about your wife's ancestors.
Neither John Rouse nor Parrott Mewborn were listed in the DAR Patriot Index. This does not mean they did not serve in some capacity during the Revolutionary War. It simply means that no one to date has joined the DAR using their Rev. War service for membership verification.

There were three John Dawson's for VA, none with a wife of Sallie Herring. One is married to a Sarah Carroll (nickname for Sarah is Sallie) and perhaps this is the one and I am listing all three:
John Dawson
born VA ca. 1733
Served VA
Rank PS (patriotic service)
died before 1805
there were no pensions
wife #1 Elizabeth Douglass and wife #2 Molly Hall

John Dawson
born VA 28 Jul 1750
Served VA
Rank Pvt
Died IL 7 Dec 1839
No pensions
Wife Susan Taylor

John Dawson
Born VA 1734
Served VA
Rank Capt, PS
died before 1 Jun 1810
no pensions
Spouse Sarah Carroll

Lemuel Hardy
Born NC 20 May 1730
Served NC
Rank PS
Died NC before 1799/1800
no pensions
Spouse Mary Sutton

Jan told you how you can get a copy of these applications. I will only add that if it is known which child your wife descends thru from the patriot, you can ask for that record copy.

Also if your wife is interested in DAR membership, each chapter has members who will assist her in the application process. If she would like more information about joining DAR, please let us know and we can direct her to a chapter in her area.

Good luck with all of your research.
Elaine
This is a free lookup service provided by DAR volunteers at the DAR message boards.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions