Search for content in message boards

Searching for GGGrandfather & family in Neuhaus

Searching for GGGrandfather & family in Neuhaus

Posted: 18 May 2002 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wucherer, Limpl, Limpel,
Looking for any information on Josef Wucherer (b. 26 Mar 1826) and his wife Maria Limpl (b. 23 Feb 1828) lived in Neuhaus.

Re: Searching for GGGrandfather & family in Neuhaus

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 8:17PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jul 2003 5:32PM GMT
Hi,
maybe I can help you. Which Neuhaus do you mean - is it near Villach? My father was born and lived and lives now in Neuhaus. The house his family had rented for many years belonged to a person named Wucherer. If you want I can do some recherches for you.
Greetings from Austria
Astrid

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 4:55AM GMT
Surnames: Wucherer
Yes, perhaps you can.

Yes, the Neuhaus I'm refering to is just south of Villach. My GGrandfather (Blasius) was born, died and is buried in Arnoldstein. His son, my Grandfather emigrated to (arrived in) the US on 28 October 1902, settling in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.

I have been piecing together the family history based on my father's stories and they have led me back to Arnoldstein where Blasius lived.

The Catholic Diocese in Klagenfurt informed me that Blasius had four brothers and two sisters and that his father was Josef Wucherer and his mother was Maria Limpl and they lived in Neuhaus. One of Josef's son's (Johann) also emigrated to Milwaukee and I've been able to tie that lineage into ours; however, there is still one more Wucherer family living in Milwaukee that does not fit into the lineage at this point. I know that this line too originates in the Villach area; however, I do not have the name of the person who might have emigrated and so I can't tie them in yet.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

tw

Posted: 13 Oct 2002 5:27PM GMT
I will be in Neuhaus at the beginning of November - I try to find out more information till then. Maybe I can meet someone of the Wucherer-Family ore somenoe who knows them.
Greetings from Austria,
Astrid

Posted: 6 Nov 2002 1:54PM GMT
Hi,
I've been in Neuhaus, but not too successful. I found one dead announcment for Josefa Wucherer, died 14.7.1953. This document is signed by: Elisabeth, Josefine and Johann, children; Johann Wucherer, husband; Josefa Polsak, mother, Johann and Blasius, children in law. Don't know if there is any connection to you Wucherer Family. If yes, my father can try to contact Elisabeth.
Astrid

Posted: 26 Nov 2002 5:11AM GMT
Astrid,
Thanks for the information, unfortunately, I don't see a fit here, but I don't have much information on any relatives that would still be living in Austria. I would be very interested to see what Elisabeth might know about her father or grandfather.
tw

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 6:45AM GMT
Thomas,
please excuse my late answer. My father is trying to contact Elisabeth. I will contact you again as soon as we know more.
Astrid

Posted: 13 Dec 2002 2:36PM GMT
Thanks for the update.

tw

Posted: 28 Jan 2003 5:10AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2003 5:11AM GMT
Surnames: Limpel, Limpl
Thomas-
Would you happen to have any further information regarding Maria Limpl? I am trying to track the lineage of the Limpl/Limpel family, and am a bit stumped. The farthest that I can trace back is to my great grandfather, John Limpel (DOB 1872). He came to the US (Milwaukee) in 1892. I am trying to bridge some huge gaps, and especially trying to find out how the spelling of our last name was changed. I would appreciate ANY information you could offer-especially regarding Maria's parents/siblings. Thank You!!

Posted: 3 Feb 2003 5:18AM GMT
Maria Limpl is my great great grandmother. According to the Diocese Gurk archive, she was born February 23, 1828 in Neuhaus, Kaernten, Austria. She married Josef Wucherer (b. March 26, 1826), but I don't know when. I am currently seeking more information from the Diocese and will share whatever I might find. -tw
per page

Find a board about a specific topic