Posted: 17 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: KRANAWETTER

LOOKING FOR ANY KRANAWETTER RELATIVES IS AUSTRIA

Re: Kranawetters is austria

doris (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2002 10:50PM GMT
Earl, My mothers maiden name is Kranawetter, she was born in Pilgersdorf, Austria. Her name is Anna, her fathers name is Franz and her mothers name is Johanna Ringhofer. My mother came to America in 1948. I have been trying to contact some of my family in Austria. Would like to know if you could help locate some of my family.

Re: Kranawetters is Austria

E. Kranawetter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 3:09AM GMT
Hi Doris,

25 members of our America Kranawetter family visited Austria in July, 2001. What a great time we had. Our Kranawetter ancesters came from a little town of Neukematen, about 30 mile south of Linz. Our ancester, Theresia Kranawetter came to America in 1853, along with her small son, Joe Kranawetter. We were excited to meet many Austrian cousins, however none of the names in your email are familiar.

You cannot believe the emotions we felt, while worshiping in the same church that our ancesters left 150 years ago, and visiting the home place and seeing a wine press with the name of Mattias Kranawetter carved in it, along with a date of 1750. We met many Kranawetters in Austria, who said they were not related to us but they becaame very close to us and cried when we left. We have the family traced back to 1723.

Earl Kranawetter

Earl Kranawetter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 3:12AM GMT
Where is Pilgersdorf located in Austria?

Doris (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 3:30AM GMT
Earl, I believe Pilgersdorf is located in the area where the Sound of Music was filmed. I will have to ask my mother. Her maiden name is Kranawetter. I believe it is located in lower Austria.

E. Kranawetter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 3:42AM GMT
Sound of Music was made near Salzburg. This would be about 2 hours from Linz.

E. Kranawetter

Re: Kranawetters in Austria

Doris (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 4:00AM GMT
Earl, My mother and father were married in Linz, Austria. My brother was born in Linz, Austria on a military base. My grandmother Johanna Ringhofer was born in Lebenbrunn, Austria and my grandfather Franz Kranawetter was born in Steinberg, Austria. I still have an Aunt Rosi Egly who lives in Neuwied. I have cousins living in Lockenhaus, Austria and in Steinberg. Where is your family from in Austria?.

Re: Kranawetters is Austria

Doris (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2002 4:08AM GMT
Earl, I just found your reply on the message board. My mother was the only Kranawetter who came to America from Austria. All her family is still in Austria and Germany. My mother has been back to visit, however she is 74 now and I would love to go over to Austria for a visit. She has a lot of information about her family. I would just like to research her parents side. I live in Florida, keep in touch.

Ruth Ann (Kranawetter)Thies (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2002 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: kranawetter
Hi Doris,
I having been following your posts with Earl Kranawetter. Earl is my brother I was in Austria with him. This really sounds interesting. We met a Walter Kranawetter while there, his mother was Theresia Kranawetter, same name as our g.g. grandmother, also met an Otto Kranawetter.

Doris Martin (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 12:44AM GMT
Ruth, Most of my Mom's family in Austria was from Burgenland. Her mothers name is Johanna. Ringhaver Kranawetter from Burgenland, Austria. My mothers fathers name is Franz Kranawetter. I am trying to get some e-mail address of some cousins. Albert Jestl and Gottfried Jestl.,they live in Lockenhaus, Austria. I've just started doing family searches on my Mom's side Nice to hear from you.
Doris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions