Search for content in message boards

Virgie Setzer

Virgie Setzer

Posted: 5 Sep 2003 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Setzer, Volf, Lovell, Lovel, Vickers
I am looking for anyone with information on Virgie Setzer of Marion County, Arkansas (1901-1986). She was also a Vickers and Volf. Specifically, I am trying to research the Lovell's in Yellville and I believe her mother was Mary Ann (or Mariam) Lovell. Virgie's father was Thomas Andrew Vickers. Also, I may have a pricture of Virgie and 3 other unidentified females to share. Any information at all is greatly appreciated! Kim jkwano@yahoo.com

Re: Virgie Setzer

Posted: 6 Sep 2003 8:16PM GMT
I have access to several Census. The 1930 Census for Marion County lists family:
Vickers, Thomas A
Mary E
Clarence
Arlis
Charlie K
Perla F

I also found a name that I transcribed as Sutzer,
Sutzer, Virgie E Wd
Burlis E S

All were in Jefferson Township. Hope this helps.

Ethna Choo215@aol.com

Posted: 15 Oct 2003 7:32PM GMT
Edited: 13 May 2006 1:38AM GMT
The Historical Genealogical Society of Marion County Arkansas has published a book "Geneaologies of Marion County Families 1811-1900." You might be interested in looking at this book. It has several names in it that you are interested in. If your local library does not have a copy, you can contact them at HGSOMCA, PO Box 761, Yellville AR 72687.

Good luck with your research.

Kim (Harrington) Wano (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2003 10:11PM GMT
Surnames: Lovell, Lovel, Setzer, Volf, Vickers
Thank you for that information, Ethna! I will certainly look that book up!

Posted: 17 Feb 2004 12:05AM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2005 12:14AM GMT
According to "Genealogies of Marion Co Families 1811-1900" published 1997, Vergie Vickers (daughter of Tom Andrew & Mary Ann [Lovell] Vickers) b Yellville, Marion Co 1 May 1901 d Bentonville, Benton Co AR 12 March 1986 bu Pleasant Ridge Cemetery, Marion Co m William Setzer (son of Allen & Martha Jane [Farris] Setzer, widower of Daisy Taylor) b 1887 d of tuberculosis 1923 bu Ott Cemetery, Marion Co AR.
Mysty

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 11:00PM GMT
I realize this is an old posting, but if you are still doing research, my wife had an Aunt Vergie Setzer. She had a daughter named Burliss (sp). If this is the right person, she came from the Yellville area of Marion County and they both moved to Yakima, WA. If this is the right person, both her and Burliss are buried in West Hills Memorial Cemetery, just outside of Yakima.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions