Search for content in message boards

Arthur SMITH

Arthur SMITH

Posted: 25 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Nov 2003 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH, PIERCE, RATON
Looking for ancestors of Arthur SMITH who came to Smith I NC circa 1740. He served in Rev'y War from Bladen Co but was denied a pension because he couldn't furnish proof of service. He may have married Cordelia PIERCE (or RATON). He removed to SC some time after the war. Will share info on his descendants, which are numerous. Arthur d 1844 at age 104. Thanks for any help.

Arthur SMITH

Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2003 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: SMITH
Regarding Diane's response to my query about Arthur SMITH from Sumter Co SC, I have no info. on any Dread or Saul Smiths so I'm afraid it's a different line. I know all Arthur Smith's descendants and there's no Dread or Saul among them.

Thanks for your reply.

SMITH

Diane Smith (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Did Arthur have a Dread/Etheldred Smith b. 1803. My Dread was in Columbus Co 1824 but can't find his parents. Or was Arthur related to the Saul Smith in Columbus. Thanks,

Re: Arthur SMITH

Lynn Player (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jul 2004 12:22PM GMT
Surnames: Smith, Goff(e)
I am looking for information on John Smith, Sr. born abt 1752 and lived in Bladen County, NC in 1800. John Smith, Sr moved to Sumter District, SC. His daughter, Levinia Smith, married Gates Goff(e). The 1800 census for Bladen County list 2 John Smithe, Arthur Smithe, and Gates Goff(e). Some information indicates that Arthur Smith was John Smith's father. Do you know if this is true? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted: 29 Oct 2009 11:43AM GMT
Arthur Smith was indeed your John Smith's father. His will is posted on the rootsweb Sumter Co. SC genweb archives. John Smith's will is also posted there. If you know anything about Arthur Smith's ancestry, please contact me. He was my GX5 grandfather.

Posted: 2 Jun 2012 6:31PM GMT
I found your message today, and I just found Arthur's will the day before, so this is a whole new search for me. I would love to correspond with you and am more than willing to give you what I know about his daughter Rebecca Hanks.
Lenore

Posted: 12 Jun 2012 2:35AM GMT
Was Arthur connected to Benjamin, Hiram or Edwin B. Smith who lived in Darlington Dist. SC?

Posted: 16 Dec 2013 5:37PM GMT
Was this Arthur Smith any relation to Stephen Smith of Bladen County, NC who married Joanna Council, daughter of James Council - Revolutionary Paymaster of Troops of Bladen County?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions