Search for content in message boards

James Mullins

James Mullins

Posted: 19 Mar 2003 5:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Apr 2003 4:18AM GMT
I am interested in any information that may be found on James Knox Polk Mullins. He was living with his son-in-law in 1916 on Long Lake Road in Long Lake Wisconsin. he is a veteran of the Civil War and was at that time 71 years of age.

He returned to Wisconsin in 1916 and is not on the 1920 Census. Any information about the man or his grave location would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stephen D. Bowling

Re: James Mullins

Vince Barker (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2003 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: James KP Mullins
Hey Steve!
Faron just told me about this guy. I am on it. Thanks,
Vince

Posted: 28 Apr 2003 2:31PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2003 6:27PM GMT
Thanks, Vince.
Our Northern SCV Brothers is open and active.
Thanks for your hard work up there.

Stephen

Posted: 28 Apr 2003 2:41PM GMT
Edited: 28 Aug 2004 9:47PM GMT
No problem Steve. Not much I would rather do than locate Confederate veterans up here. The county register of deeds office is looking for Mullins' death certificate as we speak and I am supposed to call them back in an hour to see if they found it.
I mentioned to Faron that there are several potential Confederates buried in Langlade County, which borders Forest County to the south (Florence County is to the north). I was hoping to find a Kentuckian (Faron is working on that one) but it looks like I have found a veteran from the 6th Louisiana for sure and possibly a Tennessee veteran.
I'll keep you posted. Hope all is well with you down there. I will be in touch,
Vince

Posted: 13 Mar 2012 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Mullins, Little
Dont know if you're still following this thread or not but I do believe the person you're looking for may be James K Polk Mullins b abt 1845 in Kentucky. He was a son of Joseph Gentry Mullins II, b. 1822 and Joanna Little. The reason why I believe this is your guy is because Ive been researching his brother Edmund who reportedly moved to Wisconsin to be with his son Edward. So it appears that James K Polk Mullins, and Edmund/Edmond/Edward Mullins were both living in Wisconsin at the same time.

Posted: 3 May 2012 9:32PM GMT
Check with Cindy Halada (Mrs. John) who is clerk of Long Lake. I believe she is also in charge of the cemetery. I'm not even sure if LL had a cemetery that early. Our museum in Florence (Florence Co.) is doing a Civil War display. What do you know of Mullins? Debbie DeMuri dkd@borderlandnet.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions