Search for content in message boards

McDuffie-Blair

McDuffie-Blair

Posted: 26 Oct 2007 11:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McDuffie Blair
Looking for any info on David Blair who married Cassandra McDuffie 1849 in Cherokee now Etowah county AL. Can't find out what happen to David sometime between 1850 and 1860.

Re: McDuffie-Blair

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 3:28AM GMT
Surnames: McDuffie, Blair
My maiden name is McDuffie and I am related to Cassandra McDuffie. The information I have came from another McDuffie family member who is an excellent researcher. If you have already heard from her, what I give you will be repetitious. I have David Blair born 1828 in Perry Co., AL, died 27 Sep 1883 in Etowah Co., AL. He married Cassandra McDuffie, daughter of Murdock McDuffie and Margaret Chappelear. She was born 1827 in Franklin Co., GA and died 29 Sep 1883 in Etowah Co., AL. I have 3 children for them: George W., Mary Elizabeth, and Norman C. Blair. If this is helpful, I have some details and a lot on the McDuffie side. I would love to know what you have, especially on the Blair side. Please let me know by emailing me at hamatakej@yahoo.com.

Posted: 28 Oct 2007 5:25AM GMT
Surnames: McDuffie Blair
Wow,

That's a great! I have not been able to find when David died. Do you have any idea how and where he is buried? David was my ggg grand father on my mothers side. My mothers maiden name was Blair. I have alot of the Blair line from David on down to present day. The Blair Family is the only Grand parents I ever knew so the line has been very special to me.
I am still looking for David's parents and on back but haven't made much progress.

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 5:13AM GMT
hamatakej contacted me later by email when she found out that the info about David's death date was incorrect.
These things happen.
So I'm still looking.

Thanks

bondsfamilytree@charter.net

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 5:26AM GMT
Surnames: McDuffie Blair Smith
Also looking for info on Levi Cowan Blair who I believe to be David Blair's father by Levi's first wife Nancy Smith.

Posted: 29 Nov 2010 4:38PM GMT
we might be related my father was a Mcduffie out of Georgia if u might be here is my e mail joan_mcduffie@yahoo.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions