Search for content in message boards

How to access Kildarton, N.Ireland Co. of Armagh records

How to access Kildarton, N.Ireland Co. of Armagh records

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 2001 7:14PM GMT
Classification: Query
Would anyone know how to access records on line for a town called Kildarton in NOrthern Ireland in the county of Armagh? My husbands gr.gr grandfather FRANCIS WM. KILPATRICK was born there 26 Aug 1821. We are trying to find more info on him and his parents. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: How to access Kildarton, N.Ireland Co. of Armagh records

Micky Keenan (View posts)
Posted: 20 Oct 2001 6:10PM GMT
Kildarton is a parish in Co Armagh not a town. see the following for a list of townlands within the parish : http://proni.nics.gov.uk/geogindx/parishes/par168.htm

Rgds

Micky

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 2:52AM GMT
Thank you for the info. Is Kildarton the full name of the parish? If not could you tell me the full name of the parish please? Would you know if it is a Catholic or Protestant parish? Any information would be appreciated!

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 3:01AM GMT
As far as I know it is the Civil and CoI parish. The RC parishes of Armagh, Ballymacnab, Ballymore & Mullaghbrack/Tandragee and Kilmore may cover Kildarton.

Rgds

Micky

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2001 3:14AM GMT
Thanks! I am new at this line of genealogy (Irish) and just beginning to grope my way around. Appreciate the help. My French Canadian line was much easier to do. Would you know of any online sites that I might be able to research records on these places/county, etc of Ireland? Like I said I am new at this so all help is appreicated that will point me in the right direction.

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 3:25AM GMT
I am new at it also. I was born and bred in Armagh and have family not far from the area you are looking into. I also have links to Canada. Write to me at my email address and I will send you some generasl url's about Armagh. Not much info is online yet. Or least I haven't found much. I can supply you with a good book if you wish? I am starting a website for this sort of thing so can do you a good deal.

Rgds

Micky

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 11:40PM GMT
Edited: 1 Mar 2003 6:43PM GMT
As far as I now it's Protestant. I was at Kildarton Parish Church 3 weeks ago visiting my grandfather's grave & that cchurch is Church of Ireland. It's a very nice old stone church with a very small graveyard. Allison

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 11:47PM GMT
LDS has Kildarton Parish records. Just run a search in the website on Kildaton. Armagh Ancestry also has their records in their database, but it cost money for them to run a search. Allison

Posted: 22 Oct 2001 11:55PM GMT
I would be interested also in the information you have on County Armagh. I just came back form a visit to my garndfather's garave there & I thought it was a beautiful city. Allison

Posted: 23 Oct 2001 12:01AM GMT
Allison - contact me at my email addy and I will see what I can do for you, I am setting up a website sourcing genealogical aids for Armagh. Hope I can be of service to you.
I can also give you any general information about the city and those parts of the county which were my old stamping grounds. Funnily enough, I was back home from 01/10 - 10/10 - we may have passed each other without knowing it. lol

Rgds

Micky
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions