Search for content in message boards

Fulton, NY Davenports

Fulton, NY Davenports

Posted: 29 Apr 2008 5:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davenport
Hi, I'm an archaeologist who just finally had the time to start researching his family name. Here's what I know:
Samuel Davenport was born in 1835 in Bolton, England and married an Elizabeth. Their children were William (b1846-d1929), Prudence (b1861), Sarah (b1865), George (b1868), Margaret (b1870), and Bessie (b1871). They moved to America in 1860, when William (my direct lineage) was only 4.
William later married a Martha A. (Last Name Unknown)(b1863-d1956) and their children were Raymond (b1890), Arthur (b1893), Norman (b1895), Howard (b1898), Newell (b1900), and Philip (b1902). Howard (my gg grandfather) married Iva E. Duger (b1899-b1984) and their children were Donald (b?), Howard (b?-d1988), William (b1922), Raymond (b1923-d1992), Elmer (b1924-still alive), Ivan (Ike) (b1931-d2008).
Howard married Pearl Cunningham, they are my grandparents. Their children are Donald, Ronald, Diana, Cindy, Iva, and George. Donald married Julie, they are my parents, my brother is Michael.

There it is, laid bare for all to view and use to their please. I simply want more. I want info on Samuel, and beyond. Any help would be wonderful, but I just can't find it myself. If this matches ANYTHING that you might have in a list of yours please tell me. I'd love to make this bigger.

Thanks,
Matthew

Re: Fulton, NY Davenports

Posted: 24 Dec 2011 1:45AM GMT
I'm replying 3 years after your post, so I'm not sure if you are still looking for Davenport details from Fulton, NY. I have details about the other branches (siblings of Martha).
Tom

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: davenport, edenfield,cannady,kennedy, martin
I have several samuel davenport and also stephen davenports. this may be connected to my line. please answer back and lets see if you are from the same lines.

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 10:23PM GMT
Surnames: davenport, edenfield,cannady,kennedy, martin
I have several samuel davenport and also stephen davenports. this may be connected to my line. please answer back and lets see if you are from the same lines.

Posted: 3 Jan 2012 7:55AM GMT
Yes,I am still looking for Stephen Davenport. His name just might be James Stephen Davenport. Please answer if you have any info at all. It just might be what I am looking for. I really want to find him. I have really want todo this as as possible.

Posted: 4 Jan 2012 3:11AM GMT
I have a name of James Davenport, born in 1926, married to Shirley Purcee. No known date of death for either. They have a son also named James Davenport. No known date of birth on him.

I have no Stephen Davenport listed among the lists I have. My connection is to William Davenport, who married the sister of my great-grandfather. (Martha Gillard Davenport)

Posted: 3 May 2013 4:46PM GMT
Hi, long time since I've signed on. I am interested in the information regarding Martha Gillard as well as anything you have regarding Stephen, I'll double check my names and see what I have. I recently refound this website after years of...we'll call it Jetsetting...

Posted: 4 May 2013 6:23AM GMT
I am still trying to find a stephen Davenport who went west with the pioneers. he was supposed to be in Salt Lake in summer of 1846- a year before the mormon pioneers arrived in the valley. This means he would have had to been born early 1800's to be old enough to be a wagon driver for another person. does this sound familiar to you? He was probable from georgia or tennessee or around that area. mary lynn

Posted: 4 May 2013 3:27PM GMT
Unfortunately no, my Davenports didn't get to America/Fulton until 1860, and there was only one son at that time, going by the name of William.

Posted: 4 May 2013 10:00PM GMT
Hey James, if you've got any information about Martha Gillard Davenport and her connections, I would love to see them. I know next to nothing about her branch of the family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions