Search for content in message boards

WATSON, Nathaniel

WATSON, Nathaniel

Connie Stafford (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watson
I am seeking information regarding Nathaniel WATSON b. WFT est 1741-1770, d. WFT est 1795-1855, Rev. War, veteran, born Appromattax River, VA (1739-1744), moved to Surry, NC (1743-1778), enlisted Rev. War service (1777-1778, moved to Blount co., NC (1804-1814), lived in Georgia and SC (1816-1826), listed on Hall co. Georgia census (1840). This may be the father of Ansellem (Ansil) Watson who married Sarah Bruce and who lived in Hall Co., Georgia. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nathaniel Watson

John Watson (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT

Try The family of Col.Sam Watson SC.I believe there was a Nathanial in the line,either Gson or ggGrandson Plenty of info on him.Was a Nathanial in Lancaster Co. PA. who was in politics in the 1700s ,son of John Watson,a doctor. Will is in Lancaster Court house.These are things I remember from my searching.

Re: WATSON, Nathaniel

Posted: 19 Aug 2009 5:23AM GMT
Surnames: Watson, Simmons,Anderson
Connie, you are right. Nathaniel Watson is in my family of Watsons. He was born abt. 1750 in Appromattox County, Va. d. abt. 1855 in Hall County, Ga. He married Nancy Anderson, date unk. They had four boys; Thomas Watson b. 1787; Ansellem Watson b. 03 July 1791 in Bamberg, Bamberg, South Carolina; Soloman Watson b. abt. 1800 in Holland; Anderson Watson b. 1770, d. 1842, where unk. Nathaniel is my 4th Ggrandfather. I have more info on the Watsons up to Nathaniel. If you or anyone else that reads this message needs info. I have it on the Watsons from my mother, whose maiden name was Watson, up to Nathaniel let me know by emailing me at ssimmons@panhandle.rr.com. or posting on the message board. I will be glad to share any info I have with anyone who needs it. I am at present trying to find Nathaniels father. I have his name as John Watson, but cannot find anything on him. Not sure this is correct. I believe he probably came to America from England or Ireland, and that is why I cannot find him with my US subcription to Ancestry.com. If anyone has info on him I sure would appreciate connecting with you and sharing info. Thanks Sammy Simmons

Re: Nathaniel Watson

Posted: 8 Dec 2009 3:42AM GMT
Surnames: Watson. Simmons
Hi John; Are you kin to the Watsons of Nathaniel? I am trying to find who Nathaniels father was. If you have any info you would share with me I would appreciate it. Do you know the dates of Col. Sam Watson and his family? I know Nathaniel moved with his father to SC. when he was about 4 years old but do not know who his father was. I sure would like to know this since I cannot go futher back than Nathaniel. He was my 4th. GGrandfather. Thanks for any help you might share with me. Sammy Simmons ssimmons@panhandle.rr.com

Posted: 9 Apr 2012 5:39PM GMT
Sammy - I found a pension application on a Nathaniel born around 1725-1730 in Appomatox, Va. He said he had seven children and was living in Tennessee when he died. He didn't sound like the same one. What do you think?

I also found a Nathaniel born around the same time frame but from Connecticut on a DAR application. Showed his wife's name to be Nancy.

I'd love to have your feedback. Dianne

Posted: 10 Apr 2012 4:24AM GMT
Dianne I believe this is the same Nathaniel(1740-1835) we have been talking about. I have the pension application and have tried to trace everything I can. I have Nathaniel also as being born in Appromattox River, Va. He states that at about four years old he moved to N. C. with his family. Then he says he went to Ga. later on and then back to Tenn. where he either lived with or close to his daughter and her husband when he died. He seemed to travel between N.C., S.C. Ga. Tenn and back and forth all his life before settling in Tenn. His daughter was married to a John Harris but I cannot find what her name was. I have four of his childrens names. Do you have th other three? Sammy
Email: ssimmons@panhandle.rr.com
The other Nathaniel from Connecticut I do not believe is any of our line of Watsons.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions