Search for content in message boards

HANRAHAN CHUTE TRANT

HANRAHAN CHUTE TRANT

Elizabeth Wiemers (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HANRAHAN, CHUTE, TRANT, KNIGHTLEY
Looking for information about the descendants of MICHAEL HANRAHAN who was born about 1750 probably in Kerry, He married MARGARET KENNELLY. One of his sons MICHAEL PATRICK HANRAHAN b 1808 in Lixnaw, Co. Kerry, d 1874, married in 1829 JOHANNA BUCKLEY, b.1811, d 1886 in Australia. Michael Patrick and Johanna H. migrated to Australia on the "Ascendant" in 1858 with their children. One of these children, Michael Francis HANRAHAN , b 1841 in Lixnaw, Co Kerry, d 1922 in Warwick, Queensland, married at Redbank Queensland in 1865 ELIZABETH ANNE TRANT,b 1842. D 1904 in Townsville Queensland. One of their daughters, Elizabeth Anne Valentine Hanrahan, b 1880, d 1973 in Warwick Queensland, married Henry STERNE in Warwick in 1909. Henry and Elizabeth are my grandparents. Elizabeth Anne TRANT , daughter of Thomas Patrick TRANT d 1849 and Mary Anne CHUTE, d 1851, of Dingle, Co Kerry. Mary Anne CHUTE, daughter of Pierce CHUTE, was reared at Chute Hall by her uncle Francis Bernard CHUTE and his wife Jane ROWAN.
Wishing to communicate with anyone who can help me. Have information about the families in Australia.
Liz

Hanrahan

Vicki Hanrahan Ainslie (View posts)
Posted: 14 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: HANRAHAN, COUNIHAN, BUTLER, RYAN, MCCORMICK, KENNEDY
My HANRAHAN connection begins with Patrick HANRAHAN who married Mary BUTLER in Ireland prior to 1868. They emigrated to US (California) and had at least one son, William Patrick HANRAHAN (born Mar 1868 in California). Wm. Patrick HANRAHAN married Sarah Agnes COUNIHAN in 1890 in San Francisco, California.

I have not been able to determine if William Patrick HANRAHAN had any siblings, born either in Ireland or US. Thought possibly that your Michael Patrick could be related to my Patrick HANRAHAN? Do you have sibling information on Michael Patrick HANRAHAN? TIA

Re: Hanrahan

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 12:49AM GMT
Edited: 16 Apr 2002 7:13PM GMT
Surnames: COUNIHAN, KIRBY
Is it possible there was another brother Emmet Patrick Counihan who married Ellen Mary Kirby? I have Emmet dec. 1936. They had one child Marie born 1904.

Re: HANRAHAN CHUTE TRANT

Posted: 31 Dec 2010 12:43AM GMT
I am interested in finding the ancestry of Valentine Trant O'Connell McGillicuddy who it seems was born in Wisconsin USA.

He was an Indian agent in US in the 1880's period.
Bernie Darcy

Re: HANRAHAN CHUTE TRANT

Posted: 6 Aug 2012 1:07AM GMT
Well hi it's Chrissy here, after reading your information I am wondering whether you may be able to help. You have Jane Rowan married to Francis Bernard Chute. I have traced them through the Ponsonby line. I am looking for a Ponsonby Marriage to a Miss Rowan, do not know first name, but am wondering whether she may be a sister of Jane Rowan. Time frame and location fit, have also found other Chute, Blennerhassett and Ponsonby marriages. One of the children born to Miss Rowan and Mr Ponsonby is Patrick Ponsonby b. 1825 in Limerick.

Looking forward to hearing back
per page

Find a board about a specific topic