Search for content in message boards

Decendants of Augustuv and Caroline Gath

Decendants of Augustuv and Caroline Gath

Posted: 3 Dec 2008 10:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Dec 2008 1:57PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Dirges, Suerwier
Iam looking for any information that I can get on this family.Augustuv and Caroline had five children. They were August for 1842 in Mecklenburg-Scherwin, He Married Christina Dirges in 1864. A sister Johanna Sophia Gath born Feb 24, 1844 in Mecklenburg-Scherwin. Sister Maria Sophia Christina born abt 1848 in Mecklenburg-Scherwin, she married Fredrick Suerwier another brother who is William Gath born May 22,1948 he married Carolin ? (This is my ggg-grandfather. I would appreciate any help that I can get on this family. I have a lot of informaation that I can give on William's family if someone can use it. also another brother named Charles Gath born
March 6, 1859 in Mecklenburg-Scherwine, he married Nellie.She was born in Mi. Allso would like to know where they are buried in Sanilac, or what information wou could give me.Thanks in advance.

Re: Decendants of Augustuv and Caroline Gath

Posted: 11 Jan 2009 4:37PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jan 2009 9:57PM GMT
Surnames: Gath
Hi,
Joanna Sophia Gath was my great-grandmother. I have lots of info on who her and her family. I live in Salem, Mass now and my info is at home. I will be going home the end of Jan. and will collect what I have and send it to you. I thought I had read somewhere that there were 3 children.

susan

Posted: 11 Jan 2009 4:38PM GMT
sorry it should of been 8 children

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 3:35PM GMT
Edited: 27 Mar 2009 3:57PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Dirges
Augustus Gustaves Gath (1842) who married Christina Dirges is my line!! They had my g-grandfather Herman Gath. His daughter Martha May Gath is my grandmother!
Write me and we can exchange info!
cadiwack@comcast.net

Posted: 26 Mar 2009 3:37PM GMT
Susan,
Hello!! Just wanted to drop you a note. Are you still working on our family lines????
Write me
Cadiwack@comcast.net
Pam

Posted: 4 Apr 2009 6:31PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2009 12:51PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Wegner
Hi,
Yes, I am still doing research on the Gaths. I found some that live just a few miles from my mother. She was going to visit them but the lady had to go the doctor so she hasn't gone yet. Did the person ever goe hold of that said they were related through Wegner? Hope you are doing ok.

Keep in touch.

Susan

Posted: 6 Apr 2009 4:11PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2009 12:34PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Warblow
I'am not sure of who I got ahold of before, but they said that they were related to Johanna Sophia Gath. I would like to get in contact with you on the family line. William married a Caroline Warblow. I got this information off of a marriage license of a son named Lewis Gath,on family search on marriages. I had been looking for her maiden names for years.Any information on the Gaths would be greatly appreciated. Would love to share what I have with anyone.I have and picture of William and his wife Caroline with all their children. Their one son Johann was my g-grandfather. I have noticed some information on the enternet on them, but their is some wrong dates on them also. Hope to hear from someone. Thanks, Darlene

Posted: 7 Apr 2009 2:05PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Ziesmer
Darlene,
Loved your posting!! I have information on the Gaths!! William and Caroline had 4 children; Ottilie, John F., William Fredrick and Louis August. Ottilie and John were born in New York, William in Saginaw, and Louis in Presque Ilse, Michigan. I would love to know more about your line!
My line is from William Sr.'s brother Augustus Gath.
Write me at cadiwack@comcast.net and we can share info!
Pam

Posted: 7 Apr 2009 11:48PM GMT
Edited: 10 Apr 2009 1:03PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Graunstadt, Hansen, Glay
Hi,
I am the great-grand daughter of Johanna Sophia Wilhehminia Gath. She married Martin Graunstadt and had two daughters. He died so she married his brother Herman and they had 8 more children. Her daughter Louisa Christena Graunstadt was born on April 1 1882 and died in 1879. She married Andrew Christian Hansen and had 6 children. Andrew, Louisa, William, Edward and Esther. Louis another chiuld died at childbirth. My mother is Louisa and she is 92 years old and lives in Ithaca, Michigan. Her sister Esther is 87 years old and lives in Charlevoix, Michigan. The brothers have all passed away. On my great-grandmother's death certificate it says her mother Caroline's maiden name was Glay. In the 1900 census it shows her living with her son Charles. She must of died between 1900 and 1910 because she is not in the 1910 census. I have more information and pictures so will wait to hear from you,

Susan

Posted: 25 Jul 2009 9:11PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2009 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Gath, Glay
Hi,
I had not heard back from you and was wondering if you could send me the pics you have of the Gaths. I had asked the Sanilac County Historical Society if they had a death certifcate or obit for Caroline Gath. On Sophia's death certificate it says her mother's maiden name was Glay. I think I had given you that info anyway.

Please get in touch with me.

Susan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions