Search for content in message boards

CONNORS/O'CONNOR

CONNORS/O'CONNOR

Posted: 20 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Aug 2005 12:27AM GMT
Looking for anyone who is researching Connors from Castlegregory area of County Kerry. My Ggrandmother was Margaret Connors of County Kerry. Another family has told me that she is related to Patrick Connors and Mary Moore of Castlegregory. I have not been able to make the connection but Margaret's father was a Patrick Connors. I suspect Margaret and the Patrick that I listed are siblings. Please contact me if you are researching Castlegregory Connors.

Kathy

Re: CONNORS/O'CONNOR

Beth LaPlume (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 2006 6:26PM GMT
I am researching O'Connors from N Aughacasla, in the Castelgregory area. My grandfather, John O'Connor, was born there. His parents were Edmund Connor and Ellen Flaherty.

Posted: 15 May 2006 11:56PM GMT
Wish I knew more about my Connor line in Co. Kerry. I am not sure it is Castlegregory but there was rumor that it was. I have never been able to connect my GGgrandmother to that place, however.

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 10:40PM GMT
Beth, we have a Edward Connor who married a Catherine Hoar. Children so far are Eliza born 1830 near Clash; John born 1832 Ballycurane, Ireland and Bridget born 1843. There are some children missing for sure.

On my Sugrue side, I have Catherine Flaherty who md. James Sugrue. She died in Ireland but he came to states and settled in Holyoke, Mass. James and Catherine were from Castlegregoy area.

Susan

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 10:41PM GMT
Surnames: Connor; Hoar; Sugrue; Garvey; Coffey; Sullivan; Kelleher
Beth, we have a Edward Connor who married a Catherine Hoar. Children so far are Eliza born 1830 near Clash; John born 1832 Ballycurane, Ireland and Bridget born 1843. There are some children missing for sure.

On my Sugrue side, I have Catherine Flaherty who md. James Sugrue. She died in Ireland but he came to states and settled in Holyoke, Mass. James and Catherine were from Castlegregoy area.

Susan

Posted: 17 Jul 2009 11:27PM GMT
Hi Susan, I don't see a connection with the O'Connors - but I think that Catherine Flaherty may have been a cousin of my great gransdmother's Ellen Flaherty. Do you have information on that line?? I think that Catherine's father John and Ellen's father Thomas were brothers.

Posted: 30 Jul 2009 4:11AM GMT
Surnames: Dennehy Coakley Moore
I am looking for relatives of Julia Dennehy Coakley. My mother, Helen Coakley, was her daughter. We had some relatives in MA, on 123 Stearns Avenue in Lawrence, MA. They may have been Connor or O'Connor, I have lost the citation but I am pretty sure of the address.

My mother's uncle was Edwin (?) Coakley who died during 1933-34. His mother was Ellen Moore, whom my grandmother, Julia, loved. I have no info on my grandfather, Timothy, and my mother always wanted his picture. She is now dead.

Posted: 1 Aug 2009 6:40AM GMT
Surnames: Coakley Moore
Edmond Coakley son of Timothy and Ellen Moore was born January 28, 1875 in Tullaree, Castlegregory, Co. Kerry. Timothy and Ellen were still living there in 1901 but were not there in 1911 though two of their children were.

Posted: 2 Aug 2009 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Coakley Dennehy
Do you know how many children they had? My grandmother married Timothy, who was a blacksmith in Bridgeport, Ct. She was a dennehy. My mother (Helen) said she had lived on the farm next door and eloped w Tim when he visited. (1909) I met a woman who told me there were only 2 Coakleys, I took that to mean my mother had only two uncles, but your posting suggests the rest of them emigrated. I think one of the family's had 11-13 children, the Dennehy's? How were you able to find Edmund? I would like to research this, but have no clue.

Posted: 13 Sep 2009 9:11PM GMT
Surnames: Connor/O'Connor /Flaherty
I also have a Eugene Connor living in St. Louis Mo. with his step-aunt Helen J. Devine, (nee: Fitzgerald). Grand mother of Helen was Margaret O'Connell (nee:Connor).Margaret was mother of Johanna O'Connell Fitzgerald. Hope this isn't too confusing.
I am most interested in your Flaherty family.Peter Welsh (Walsh) married Catherine Flaherty/their son Patrick Walsh married Margaret Moore in St. Louis Mo.,1872.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions