Search for content in message boards

ANDERSON/ANDRESEN

ANDERSON/ANDRESEN

Posted: 16 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 May 2002 10:27PM GMT

I would like to know if my father, Ewald Jacob Andresen/Anderson or his father, Henry Anderson might have come from Austria.
Posted: 11 Jun 1998 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jun 2003 12:38AM GMT
A MEMBER OF THE LOCAL GENEALOGY CLUB, HERE IN CAIRO, NEW YORK, IS AN ANDRESEN. SHE HAS TRACED HER FAMILY BACK TO NORTH FRIESLAND. THIS AREA IS JUST BELOW THE DANISH BORDER IN NORTHERN GERMANY. I'M SURE SHE WOULD LOVE TO SHARE BACKGROUND INFORMATION, HOWEVER SHE DOES NOT HAVE A COMPUTER AT HOME. I'D BE WILLING TO ACT AS AN INTERMEDIARY IF YOU LIKE.

Andresen

Warren Andresen (View posts)
Posted: 11 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am looking for one Christian Andresen, b12/18/1841 in Shleswig Holstein. He married Andrea Nicolaysen in 1862 in "Germany" ,
They had the following children.
Christine b1872
Rudolph b1873
Paulina b1876
Annie b1882 [Perhaps aboard ship]
Katheryn b 1/6/1885
Lena ? b 1886 ?
Peter C. b9/29/1888
I would trade any additional info that may connect.

Ancester search

Kassene Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Andrisov, Torma
I looking for information on my great grandparents' family.
Their names were Michael Stephen Andrisov(b.Oct.4,1893 Austria-Hungary) and Susan Torma(b.Sept.17,1895 Austria-Hungary. My great grandfather's parents names were
John Andrisov and Barbara Popelas.
My great grandmother's parents names were Paul Torma and
Zuzanna(Suzanna) Jevcakova.
Would appreciate any help possible.

Re: Andresen

Marcia Oldsen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2001 6:22AM GMT
Did Christian have a younger brother by the name of Fred born Feb. 3,1845?

Re: ANDRESEN

Reinder (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2001 12:05PM GMT
The wife of my forefather Reinder/Reinko Heddes (born ca. 1610, citizen of Emden, Oost-Friesland), from Eylsum/Eilsum (Oost/East-Friesland) was called Andre(es)sen. Her father was a master-glassmaker and painter; her brother a painter (he painted the duke and duchess of Oost-Friesland). I'm very interested in the genealogy Andresen of your Cairo (NY)-friend!

Re: ANDERSON/ANDRESEN

Posted: 22 Aug 2003 8:33PM GMT
Try Northern Europe: Viel, Germany

Re: ANDRESEN

Posted: 26 Sep 2003 3:41PM GMT
Edited: 20 Mar 2005 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Heddes- Glas - Glass
My Grandfather was a direct decendent of Rinko Heddes just 8 generations forward

Re: Andresen

Posted: 16 Apr 2011 6:19PM GMT
I am the great-great granddaughter of a F.C. Andresen, 2-3-1845 but married Hannah justina Jacobsen. They were from the Sch/Hol. Germany area. They had many children, including my great-grandmother Anna Dorothea.

Re: ANDERSON/ANDRESEN

Posted: 3 May 2011 12:04PM GMT
Hi,

our Austrian online phonebook actually has a few Andresen entries. But it's by no means a common Austrian surname. I think it's a North-German name or from that region (like Friesland, as has been mentioned).

OTOH, if you consider the huge old Austro-Hungarian monarchy, there might well have been Andresens there, people were traveling and immigrating a lot even back then.

Tilman
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions