Search for content in message boards

Antonia Kush (b. 1877) m. Jacob Ceder

Debi Kucera (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Ceder, Kus, Kush, Kusz
Looking for relative interested in sharing info or helpfull tips to find info in Poland. Kush's are presently primarily located in the Douglas County area where they moved from Columbus and Genoa Area's in Platte County, for work in the thirties. Meikel Kus (Mike Kush) b. 1842 in Poland d. 1912 in Platte County; wife Katarzyne b. Poland d. 1917 in Platte County; Appolonia 1863 m. Audrzy Mycek in 1881; Joseph b. 1865 m. Agnes Beruash/Barnas in 1887; John ?; Thomas b. 1872-MI m. Josephine Borowiak in 1900; Theodora b. 1875 m. Thomas Nowak in 1892; Janka b. 1876; Antonia b. 1877 m. Jacob Ceder; Stella b. 1879 m. Bugay & Krug; Sophia b. 1883 mrd Shemek; Ladislaus b. 1884 mrd Benak; Michael b. 1881; Andrew b. 1888 d. 1854. Furn on Consignment in Omaha, Douglas County is a direct lineage. Interested in sharing

Re: Antonia Kush (b. 1877) m. Jacob Ceder

Laura Emmons (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2002 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: Kush, Kus, Kusz
I saw your message re: Antonia Kus and Jacob Ceder.
I have just received some info about my mom's family.
Antonia (Anna) and Jacob were my great grandparents.
All I have so far are dates and places for five generations, starting with Stanislaus Kusz.
Would you, by chance, have more details, photos, etc. ?
Thank you, Laura Emmons

Posted: 3 Jul 2002 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 14 Jan 2005 10:12PM GMT
Surnames: Cedar, Kush
Hey Laura!
Long time no see/speak! I am working on the family stuff too. I saw your response to Debi's message. . .she is the one in NE who sent us all the packet of info a few years back on Kush & Cedar.
I have found, through Ancestry.com, other branches of people working on Kush too. Jacob Ceder is a bit more difficult. I did find him in the 1920 census. If you have access, he is in 1920, NE, Nance Co, Newman, ED#170, p. 5 (online).
Let me know how you are.
your cousin,
Megan McDowell-Mueller

Posted: 22 Apr 2011 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Krug, Wojtkiewicz, Murphy
My grandmother was Stella Krug. She was married 2 times. My Mom was Catherine Krug Wojtkiewicz. Her immediate siblings were Alex, Dorothy, and Lester. There were 4 or 5 older siblings from Stella's first marriage. Most were living in Fullerton, NE. We were born in raised in Omaha, NE Mom and dad, Anton Wojtkiewicz had 9 children. I am the 8th of nine. My siblings can give more details, if you are interested. Please contact me for more information. Marcy Murphy

Posted: 18 Jan 2012 5:44PM GMT
Hi. I'm Dan from UK. My gt grandfather was Meniel or Immanuel Ceder who died in Tomaszow, Poland in 1910. I know there were many Ceders in Konskie and Lvov in Poland at the time. When his widow came over to UK in about 1912 her son Abram or Alf changed his name to Cedar.
Ring any bells? mail me.
regards
Dan

Posted: 23 Jan 2012 9:16PM GMT
Hello Dan, Thanks for writing. No, that doesn't sound familiar. Our name started as Cetera and they were from Blonie, just southwest of Tarnov, Poland.

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 1:51AM GMT
Hello: Debi,

Hoping to contact you about the Kush family in Columbus and Dayton, Ohio. Do you still have any contacts in Columbus or Worthington, Ohio named KUSH...? The people in Columbus might be married to the Wright brother's family of Dayton. I've got some pictures that I can share. Also Can you still contact Dave Kush...? I know where Commander Dave Kush if he is interested or just let me know. Thank you...!

Posted: 11 May 2014 8:03PM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Ceder Cedar
Dan,

Your great grandfather, Meniel Ceder, was the brother of my great grandfather, David Ceder. My father and I have been researching the Ceders of Konskie for a number of years and have built an extensive family tree. I would be happy to share this with you.

Regards,

Richard.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic