Search for content in message boards

Camarata/Pasaro came New Orleans 1910-1930

Camarata/Pasaro came New Orleans 1910-1930

Marsha (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2001 6:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2013 12:53PM GMT
Surnames: Camarata, Pasaro
Looking for information on husband's family. All we know is that grandparents came over as small children to New Orleans then moved to Washington Parish, Louisiana, ie. Bogalusa. I'm not sure how to go about looking for families overseas. Thanks for any help.

Re: Camarata/Pasaro came New Orleans 1910-1930

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 5:02AM GMT
Hi, I am looking for more info on the Cammarata/Camarata family who came from Sicily and settled into Louisiana. This is my husband's mother's family. My mother in law was Genevieve Camarata and her father was Santa Camarata and her mother was Mary Colletti/Camarata. They settled in Bogolusa. Any info would be greatly appreciated! You can message me here or email me at jenndeokelly@live.com
Thanks so much

Re: Camarata/Pasaro came New Orleans 1910-1930

Posted: 8 Jul 2013 10:45PM GMT
hi
i looked at your question.i am not related.sometime he is santa and other times santo.looks like he arrived in 1896 and born ca.1889.his application for citizenship says he is born gusa scarfani? i believe the correct place is chiusa
sclafani,palermo,sicily.i see arrival 1896 but spellings are difficult.looks like cammarata nicola 15,michela or michele 11,giuseppo or giuseppe/giuseppa and santo 6.
they are with their mother concetta gendusa 47y.hope someone can be of more help.......walt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic