Search for content in message boards

Eaton Family - in and around Ruthven, Iowa

Eaton Family - in and around Ruthven, Iowa

Posted: 1 Feb 2000 9:14AM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 3:25AM GMT
Eaton/Hill/Lind/Linn/McKee

Looking for info on the Eaton family in particular Robert Wood Eaton b. Nov. 9, 1861 Maquoketa Iowa, d. Dec. 23, 1941 Ruthven Iowa, and Cora Matilda Hill-b. Oct. 10,1880, d. Nov.26, 1932 Badger, Iowa (his 2nd marriage-Feb. 21, 1921) His parents:
Josiah Osa Eaton and Mary Ann McKee of Kentucky.
Cora M. Hill was AKA: Cora M. Lind (?Linn) by a 1st marriage to Gustave M. Lind (?Linn) m-Aug. 24, 1899 and Cora M. Sands by a 3rd to Ben (Benjamin) Sands m-abt 1923. Her parents:Ben Hill (Hillesland) and Bertha Olson of Illinois.
Cora and Robert had only one child of this union: Harry Robert Eaton b April 4, 1922, d May 5,1992.
Robert Wood Eaton's 1st marriage to Helen Elvira Fassett Nov. 25,1880 Emmetsburg Iowa, bore 11 children: Eva Lorena, Mable Leota, Ada Beatrice, Vivian Earl, Clarence Wayne, Lettie Alice, Roland Wood, Floyd Iram, Hattie Frances, Earnest Merrel, Alfred Tennyson.

Cora Matilda Hill's 1st marriage to Gustave M. Lind: bore 7 children: Birdie C.,
Myrtle C., Guy Milford, Clara Mathilda, Lloyd Clifford, Mabel Josephine and Elmer.
Any information on the family is appreciated.
Sincerely,
Lisa

Bessie Gladys Eaton

Ginny Haarberg (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2000 12:40PM GMT
Looking for information on Bessie Glady Easton, born in Keota, Iowa 11-7-1879, died 11-21-1970 in Santa Maria, Califonia. She was married to Josiah Masters.

Bessie Gladys Eaton?

Posted: 13 Feb 2000 9:35PM GMT
Edited: 30 Jun 2001 3:25AM GMT
Is "Easton" in your reply a typo?
Not sure of what your asking.
Lisa

Eaton

Lesa Smith (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 2000 7:55AM GMT
Maquoketa is the area that I am trying to find information about Eaton's. My grandfather was Arthur G. Eaton born 1907 in Ottumwa, IA. All the information I have is that his father was Ira P. Eaton and mother Regina Rouch. Ira Eaton had the following bros and sis: Archie, Charles, William, Maud or Maude, Vi and Minnie. Vi could be Viola. Not sure if Vi was real name. They were from Jackson County, Iowa. Thank you. Lesa Smith
My mother is Nancy J. Eaton of Ottumwa.

Re: Eaton Family - in and around Ruthven, Iowa

Posted: 24 Aug 2002 12:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barnes, Blair, Blaylock, Chappell, Clark, Hanes, Henson, James, Linn, Martin, McKee, Scruggs, Shaw, Smith, Starrett, Stephens
I'm wondering about your Linn's and McKees- I have both in my lineage, also. My Linn's were from an Alex Linn? I have little info on him: he helped build the Insane Asylum for Indians- just south of Tahlequah, OK . Also, that he and his wife, Margaret Starrett Shaw Linn, died within 2 years of each other, abt 1882 & 1884- Margaret was first married to Jeff Shaw,? zero on this guy,, w/ one known son, Thomas P Shaw.
I don't have these #'s all in front of me,
but, they are pretty close....so bare w/ me.
The 3 children they had together were orphaned at 12, 6 and 4....
#1--William Perry Linn-b;1872- 1m; Irene G- one girl named Irene also, I believe...
m; next-- Susie Barnes, and had eight children, have names of all.
<one being my Great Grandmother, Mary Jane Linn Hanes>

#2--Columbus GW Linn-b;1878- m;?-- w/ 2 kids William and Bessie

#3--Elizabeth(Lizzie) Linn McKee--b;1880
she married James? McKee. w/ several children.
Both Lizzie McKee AND Columbus GW Linn are on the Dawes Roll as Cherokees.
Anything look familiar--- Jill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions