Search for content in message boards

Liverpool SEDDONS

Liverpool SEDDONS

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SEDDON; MAGUIRE
I see that there are a lot of Seddons in Lancashire but mine were established in Liverpool although they could, of course, be related. They are not direct ancestors but my Grandmother's sister, Catherine Maguire, married a William Seddon in 1904. William had previously been married to Harriet but she died in 1903. I know of at least three daughters of this marriage who would have been my mother's cousins so maybe I have some second cousins somewhere?

If anyone has any further information on these Seddons, I would be very grateful to know more.

Regards
Sandra

Re: Liverpool SEDDONS

Posted: 26 Oct 2012 10:00AM GMT
Howdo
William who married Catharine Maguire at St Peters Liverpool in 1904 was the son of William Seed Seddon and Harriet Hately.
William, born 1873 and Catharine born 1873, lived at 27 Elmore Street Liverpool in 1911 with the following children
William age 15
Catharine age 5
Lilian age 3
Florence age 10 mths
There was a William son of William married to a Harriet Davies,on 25 Dec 1894 at Liverpool St Peter,gives the age of William as 22
A Harriet Seddon age 28 died in 1903 Liverpool??
Dan

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 9:49PM GMT
My grandmother was ellen elizabeth seddon she was registered as living at 16 devonshire street liverpool, age 3yrs in 1911. Her brothers and sisters are registered with middle names: Hately seddon and seed seddon. I know there was a harriot in the family, I think she was my fathers aunt, maybe named after the harriot who died.

I have not researched this part of my family tree too seriously and only have vague memories of this side of the family but the seed seddon name is still alive and kicking in one of my cousins.

Posted: 29 Nov 2013 8:27AM GMT
Surnames: Maguire, Lennon, Seddon
Catherine Maguire's sister was Mary (Molly) Maguire who married Jack Lennon, the grandfather of Beatle John Lennon...are you aware of this?

Posted: 29 Nov 2013 8:28AM GMT
Daniel are you aware Catherine's sister Mary married Jack Lennon, the grandfather of Beatle John Lennon?

Posted: 29 Nov 2013 9:02AM GMT
Howdo
Thanks for the info, its a small world, my wife's maiden name is Lennon!!!
Dan

Posted: 29 Nov 2013 1:20PM GMT
Yes. Mary (actually Polly not Molly) and Jack were my grandparents making John my first cousin. I never met him but another cousin did.

Posted: 29 Nov 2013 3:32PM GMT
I have been doing a genealogical tree of the Beatles that I have tried to make as accurate as I can, and actually has been looked at by a famous Beatles author (I correspond with Mark Lewisohn). I will gladly give you the address of the Lennon tree, which has many descendants of all the branches (http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/52687931/family). I just invited you to my tree. Please feel free to let me know what needs to be corrected and what is inaccurate. I am always happy to help other researchers.

Posted: 30 Nov 2013 2:54PM GMT
The picture you have of Edith Lennon is wrong; that is quite definitely not her. I wonder where it came from?

Posted: 1 Dec 2013 11:20AM GMT
I got quite a few from Charlie Lennon's book...have you ever seen the book?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions