Search for content in message boards

FENNELLY and Ballingtaggert, part of Tipperary County?

FENNELLY and Ballingtaggert, part of Tipperary County?

Pat (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 1:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Mar 2004 2:27AM GMT
Surnames: Fennelly
I am looking for a Village called Ballingtaggert. It was suggested that it was part of Tipperary County.
Is there a web site for this town.
Any Fennellys out there?
Thanks for your help...

Re: Fennelly

Liz (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2003 4:29AM GMT
Here's some info re Ballintaggart and Fennellys who lived there:

Townland - Acres - County - Barony - Civil Parish - PLU - Province
Ballintaggart - 1,281 - Tipperary, S.R. - Slievardagh - Ballingarry - Callan - Munster

Fennelly listed in Griffith's Valuation [1847-52]:

Occupier - Townland - Parish - County
Mrs. Mary Fennelly - Ballintaggart - Ballingarry - Tipperary
John Fennelly - Ballintaggart - Ballingarry - Tipperary

Tom Fennelly (View posts)
Posted: 13 Aug 2006 10:57PM GMT
I have Fennelly's from Tipperary as wll as Kilkenney. There is a Web site for Tipperary. It is called:
http://www.rootsweb.com/~irltip2/

The web site contains surname registry. The web address is:

http://www.rootsweb.com/~irltip2/registry.htm

I hope this helps.

Tom Fennelly

Posted: 16 May 2007 4:16PM GMT
Hi Tom I wonder if you can help. My FENNELLY family are supposed to come from Kilkenny but a living relative says he thought they came from Tipperary. After nearly 10 years searching I am still no further forward. My GGgrandfather WILLIAM FENNELLY WAS BORN IN IRELAND @ 1812 -20 He married ELIZABETH MC CULLOCH. MICHAEL FENNELLY there first child was born 1842-43. TIMOTHY FENNELLY there second son was born 6-1-1845. They then emigrated to England. Does this sound familiar to you.

Thanks for your help in advance

Mary

Posted: 16 May 2007 4:16PM GMT
Hi Tom I wonder if you can help. My FENNELLY family are supposed to come from Kilkenny but a living relative says he thought they came from Tipperary. After nearly 10 years searching I am still no further forward. My GGgrandfather WILLIAM FENNELLY WAS BORN IN IRELAND @ 1812 -20 He married ELIZABETH MC CULLOCH. MICHAEL FENNELLY there first child was born 1842-43. TIMOTHY FENNELLY there second son was born 6-1-1845. They then emigrated to England. Does this sound familiar to you.

Thanks for your help in advance

Mary

Posted: 17 May 2007 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Fennelly
I have no information on a Fennelly family.

Posted: 17 May 2007 11:07PM GMT
Mary,

The information that you supplied does not match any Fennelly's in my family tree. My William Fennelly is from Newtown Townland, Kilcooley Civil Parish, Gortnahoe Tipperary. He was born May 10, 1818 and married when he was 42 to Anastatia McGrath.

Tom

Posted: 18 May 2007 7:44PM GMT
tom

It was worth a try - thanks for your help anyway. this is certainly a brick wall - more like the Great Wall of China

Mary
Posted: 23 Jun 2007 12:35PM GMT
1920. Death Miss Johanna Fennelly - she was the daughter of William Fennelly, still alive in 1909 - Derrycoo, Gurtnahoe. Rels - in the local newspaper obituary - included Dan & Miss Corcoran, Graigue, Killenaule. Elsie , Mary & Margaret Corcoran do. Richard Fennelly, Castletown. Fennelly's , Ballintaggart. Wm. O'Donnell, Ballingarry. Ned & Mrs Corcoran, Gortnahoe. Ml.& Miss Burke,Rathcueen.

Note - The father of Misses Corcoran was named Richard he was married to Bridget Lanigan daughter of Pk Lanigan, Derrycoo, Boulick on 9th Nov.1869 at Gortnahoe. When Richard Corcoran died in 1909 Wm. Fennelly, father of Johanna, was named as his bro-in-law. A Wm & Ml. Ryan, Gortnahoe & Daniel Croke, Ballingarry could be also connected to the Lanigan lady.

Posted: 23 Jun 2007 8:52PM GMT
Eily,

William Fennelly is my Gandfather and Johanna Fennelly is my fathers sister. Can you supply the name and date of the local newspaper you found the obituary for Johanna Fennelly?

Any information you can supply is greatly appreciated.

Tom Fennelly
per page

Find a board about a specific topic