Search for content in message boards

ROBERTS, WHETSTONE FAMILY - SYLACAUGA

ROBERTS, WHETSTONE FAMILY - SYLACAUGA

Posted: 17 Mar 2007 5:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roberts, Whetstone, Sarvis
My name is Dollie Amanda Roberts. I know that I come from a large family in SYLACAUGA, AL. I am looking for all the info I can find about my relatives. I'm a beginner to all this, so I'm just blindly searching the best I can. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm working on a family tree project for my daughter and any other children I may have later on. Here is a list of some of the relatives I DO know a little about... (ANY AND ALL INFO-stories, photos, links to relatives,etc.-WOULD MEAN WORLDS TO ME!):
*Dollie Lucretia Whetstone (Roberts) - my grandmother-(1922-1983)
*William Morrell Roberts - my grandfather (Owned MARBLE CITY DRY GOODS)
*Thomas McGregor Roberts-great grandfather-(1876-1960)
*Thomas McGregor Roberts III- my father
*"Papa Whetstone"- my great grandfather (?)
*Nell and Paul Sarvis- great Aunt & Uncle
*Amy, Bill, Lucretia, and Margaret Roberts- My father's siblings.

I know a handfull of other names, but am unsure as to how they fit into my Tree. From what I know, my family is quite large and branches into many other local Surnames...I just want to start piecing the puzzle together. Please help!

Re: ROBERTS, WHETSTONE FAMILY - SYLACAUGA

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 1:12AM GMT
Well, "Hello Dolly" This is "Thoroughly Modern Milly"
Girlfriend email me direct at m_mholmes at yahoo dot com. I will help get you started. I have been this for about 4 years now. And how is your little "Dolly" doing? Don't talk to your dad much, just every so often. He even quit coming for Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. Oh, well. Email me and I will help get you going. Warning, Genealogy is addictive!
Milly Storey Holmes

Posted: 12 Apr 2007 7:26AM GMT
Hey! Oh my gosh! I never expected to get a reply...especially not one from someone I know and love! It's so good to hear from you! We are all doing well. My little monster is growing and becoming more like her mommy everyday! I'll email you some photos! I couldn't think of anyone I'd rather have helping me with this! Thank you so much!

Posted: 8 Aug 2009 3:16PM GMT
Hi Dollie- I am Bill McGregor in Wichita Falls, Texas. My great-grand father was William Morrell McGregor, born in Alabama and moved to Austin, Texas with Emma Cousins and 2 cousins, after which they had more. I have gotten as far as Thomas McGregor, then I ran into a brick wall. Perhaps if I
paid for the International information I could break the log jam; if you can go beyond Thomas, please let me know.
Thank you. Bill
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions