Search for content in message boards

Babingtons in Camas County

Babingtons in Camas County

Posted: 14 Dec 2006 3:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Babington
I am looking for anyone with information on the Babington family that lived on the Camas prarie in the late 1800's and early 1900's.

Re: Babingtons in Camas County

Posted: 15 Dec 2006 7:46AM GMT
What kind of information are you looking for? I know that the twins Fred and George worked for my grandpa when my dad was just a kid, so my dad might have some information or stories for you.

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 5:42AM GMT
Dear Mckate,
Thanks for replying. Are you related to the McCarters? I found the McCarter family website which did give me some information on the Babington's. The twins Fred and George are my great uncles. Basically any information would be great. Jimmy Babington is mentioned in the McCarter website and his father Charles is also mentioned as building a stage coach station on the Camas prarie. I wonder if your dad knew Cinda Babington, sister of Jimmy, George and Fred?
Lately I have been focusing on trying to find an obituary/death notice for the twins and Jimmy. Fred and George died in a fire on 21 Jan 1962 and Jimmy died on 8 May 1967. Any information/stories would be appreciated.

Posted: 18 Dec 2006 6:06AM GMT
Yep, that's my family's site. You must have found mention of your Babingtons in my grandpa's stories. My dad has more info about your family, I'm sure. In fact he has mentioned Cinda (Cindy?). I can't seem to locate your e-mail address, but if you'll write to me through our site, I'll pass it along to my dad and let you two visit!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions