Search for content in message boards

Martn Daigle son of Clemille Daigle and Carmelite Hernandez

Martn Daigle son of Clemille Daigle and Carmelite Hernandez

Posted: 9 Sep 2002 1:07AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Feb 2003 11:23AM GMT
Clemille Daigle and Carmelite Hernandez married in East Baton Rouge Parish on 26-March-1850.
Carmelite had been married previously to Antoine Diaz.
Carmelite and Antoine Diaz had one daughter together, Carmelite, born 1847. Antoine Diaz drowned in the Mississippi River and Carmelite married Clemille Daigle.
I am interesting in finding information on the children of Carmelite and Clemille Daigle. I have some information on some of their children. I know Martin and his brother Paul moved to Bayou Chene. Martin is on the 1910 and 1900 census of St. Martin Parish, Ward 2 Bayou Chene.
Thank You,
Carol

St Martin/ St Mary Parish- Bayou Chene

Posted: 3 Sep 2003 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Diaz/Hernandez/Gamba/Mire
My great great Grandmother was Victoria Gamba, her mother was Carmelite Diaz( who married Frank Gamba) ,Antione and Carmelite's Daughter, so that makes Antione my great great great great Grandfather. i have search for info on him and how he died , and any marriage records. please e-mail me if you can with any info.
mimiluke@bellsouth.net

Re: St Martin/ St Mary Parish- Bayou Chene

Peggy Buford Dugas (View posts)
Posted: 28 Apr 2004 8:38AM GMT
In response to Lana Mire Luke - My gr.father Lifford Daigle is the son of Martin ( or Martinez) Daigle and Laura Broussard. Laura's sister Elena (Lena) Broussard was married to John Gamba who died early in their marriage. They had no children, she lived most of her life, a widow, with Florence, Lifford's sister. Laura & Lena's parents are Desire Edgar Brussard and Emma Mendoza. Since Martin is the son of Clemille and Carmelite Hernandez, there must be a connection, but I have no other info on the Gamba family.

Re: Martn Daigle son of Clemille Daigle and Carmelite Hernandez

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 8:59AM GMT
I have in records (unverified) children of Clemille & Carmelita with birthdates - Drosin Clemille - 6/14/1851, Paul Clemille Gerard - 10/3/1853, Ursule Philomene - 12/20/1855, Manuel Bruno - 10/3/1857, Marguerite Josephine - 7/24/1860, & Martin(ez) -8/9/1864 - 8/20/1920. I have only two spouses - Marguerite 'Maggie' m. Emmanuel Persilver and Martin m. Laura Broussard. I have no children except for Martin - his 4 are Lifford (my gr.father, wife Alice Carline), Arthur -wife Eloise Prejean, Florence - husb. Henry Myres, & Mamie, husb. George Louviere.
Hope this helps, Peggy

Re: Martn Daigle son of Clemille Daigle and Carmelite Hernandez

Posted: 28 Apr 2004 9:10AM GMT
The 1850 E.Baton Rouge census shows them living with Joseph (75yrs) & Josephine (52 yrs) Hernandez - her parents?- and a female child, Camille Hernandez, 4 yrs old. Joseph is shown from Spain. All others are shown as La. Also MaryDaigle is listed as next door neighbor. Who is this?

1850 FEDERAL CENSUS EAST BATON ROUGE PARISH, LA
(USGENWEB ARCHIVES)

Joseph Hernandez 75 M Fisherman 150 Spain
Josephine 52 F La.
Clemille Daign (?) 28 M Cooper La.
Camille Daign 26 F La.
Camille Hernandez 4 F La.
Joseph Sevnos (?) 19 M Cooper La.

Mary Achez 45 F La.
Mary Daign 60 F La.
Pauline 13 F La.

Re: St Martin/ St Mary Parish- Bayou Chene

Carol Lange Peele (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2005 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Daigle-Hernandez-Gamba-Carline-Pisserello-Diaz-Mire-
Peggy,
I visited with Martin Daigle's grandson Martin (Toonie)
Myers in New Iberia 2 weeks ago.
Is Arthur Daighle in your direct line.
I have a number of pictures that you may be able to help me identify.
Aunt Lena had some of these pictures. Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic