Search for content in message boards

Looking for Information About My Great Grandparents

Looking for Information About My Great Grandparents

Posted: 4 Feb 2008 6:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Orlea, Jamotton, Duez, Dewey
My great grandmother, Elizabeth Orlea, was born in Belgium 01 FEB 1858. I believe she was born in Mons or Frameries, Hainaut. She married Louis Duez or Dewey in Belgium; however, I do not know the date or place. They had two daughters, Rosa Catherine, 11 NOV 1876, and Louise, 01 Mar 1880, but I do not know where in Belgium they were born. The family left Antwerp in NOV 1882 on the SS Waesland and arrived in New York on 13 NOV 1882. On the ship with them was their friend, Alfred Joseph Jamotton, also from Belgium. The two men were coalminers. All five people settled in Pocahontas, Virginia, where in 1884, Louis Duez was killed in a mine explosion. In 1885, Elizabeth Orlea Duez married Alfred Joseph Jamotton, and I am descended from this marriage. Where should I try to find birth, marriage, and emmigration records for these people in Belgium?

Objet : Looking for Information About My Great Grandparents

Posted: 1 Mar 2012 8:50PM GMT
Hello Linda,

Always looking for your ancestors?

I live in Belgium, I know what it is to be blocked for difficult searches in stranger country.
you can order microfilms ( of stranger country) at the Mormon church in every country, just order them in their center near you.
you must know reading french.

However, I can perhaps look a little for you.
That seems a little complicated, you are not sure of places of origin.
but i want good try

Best regards

Objet : Looking for Information About My Great Grandparents

Posted: 27 Oct 2012 10:24AM GMT
Hello
I think that you should appeal to a professional genealogist who can examine you in Belgium. I you advice(council) the cabinet(office) of genealogical search(research) CERG
http: // acp-contact.wix.com / cerg *! Acceuil / mainPage Email :contact:acp-contact@orange.fr

cordially

Re: Looking for Information About My Great Grandparents

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 9:38AM GMT
Hi Linda we have ORLEA in our personal genealogy but not your Elisabeth..so we'll try to find her next week ...but we need your personal e-mail for answer..so contcat us via liad@skynet.be we do genealogy for 20 years now..
Keep hope ..very best greetings from Belgium, lily &a dam

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 6:19PM GMT
Lily and Adam,
I have received your messages through Ancestry.com and direct email and will be in contact later today or tomorrow.
Linda

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 4:03PM GMT
Surnames: Orlea
try to write to the town (mons) at this E-mail : etat.civil@ville.mons.be

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 4:04PM GMT
Surnames: Orlea
try to write to the town (mons) etat.civil@ville.mons.be

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 4:19AM GMT
Good day,

I can help genealogie. You mail more information ask serch.

johnnydriesen@hotmail.be

Re: Objet : Looking for Information About My Great Grandparents

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: Orlea, Jamotton
David,
Somehow, I missed seeing your posting until now. My original posting was in 2008. In 2009, I went to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah, where I found more information about my great grandparents than I could imagine. I still have many questions, and plan to keep searching through FamilySearch.org. Hopefully, some day, I will also make a research trip to Belgium. Thanks again for your response.

Posted: 11 Nov 2012 8:27AM GMT
Good Day,

I looking and archives van Mons, Elisabeth Orlea °Mons 01.02.1858

Driesen
Belgium
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions