Search for content in message boards

Cecil family California

Cecil family California

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 7:04PM GMT
I am searching for the following: Charles Cecil, wife Mabel Wilson Cecil, children, Azalea Cecil Leeds, Alzora Cecil Cossel, Anez Cecil, and Chuck Cecil, Jr. Ann

Cecils in California

Posted: 29 Apr 2001 9:33PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2002 12:09AM GMT
I am a descendant of some of the early Cecils in California. In what era did these folks live?

Cecils in California

Posted: 30 Apr 2001 9:10AM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2002 7:04PM GMT
They were in California, Van Nuys in the 1900's, I cannot give you an exact date, however Charlie Cecil was my great uncle and worked for Paramount Studios, I believe in the 1940's, 50's etc. One of the daughters was married to a Bert Leeds, and one to a Ben Cossel. The son, Chuck was the youngest and born 1922. Sorry I don't have much more information, I think Uncle Charlie was born in Indiana. Ann

Early Cecils in Calif

Posted: 30 May 2001 4:38AM GMT
Edited: 17 Jul 2001 12:11PM GMT
The only early Cecils I have is the family of Creed Hammond Cecil in 1880 Oakland, Alemeda Co, Calif. Rolland Vincent Cecil Visalia, Tulare Co. Calif. 1906, Daniel Leander Cecil and family (Harvey Burdette, Cora Mae, Lewis Burlington, Jennie Linn, Mentor Minz, Nellie Agatha) in the 1870=1880 in Biggs, Butte Co. Does any of these ring a bell? Gail.

Ceciuls in California

Posted: 2 Jun 2001 12:18PM GMT
Gail, you have hit on my family. Daniel Leander Cecil was my great-grandfather. Cora Mae was my grandmother.Creed Cecil was Daniel's cousin. Creed's father was Granville Cecil, his grandfather was Benjamin Sollers Cecil, Jr. After Ben died, his widow, Sarah Hatfield Cecil, came west by wagontrain from Arkansas.According to some written accounts, she and some others split from the main wagontrain before they entered Utah and took another route to California. The others rode on into history as they were mostly all killed at the famous Mountain Meadows Massacre in southern Utah.

Re: Cecils in California

Laurie Cecil Urie (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 2:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
My mom went to VanNuys High School with Chuck Cecil, who later became a disc jockey in Hollywood. He attended their last HS Reunion and at that time was still working for the radio. Just thought I'd throw this in FYI.
I come from a different line of Cecil's through Canada/England.

Re: Cecils in California

ann (View posts)
Posted: 18 Feb 2002 12:31PM GMT
Laurie:

Thanks for the reply, Chuck is my fathers cousin and I recently was in touch with him. I had some very old wedding pictures of his parents that I am sending to him. Your are so sweet to reply. Ann

Re: Early Cecils in Calif

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 5:21AM GMT
Hello Gail...we corresponded for a time a few years ago and exchanged info, as I remember. Rolland V. Cecil was my father and Creed Cecil was my grandfather. I was browsing this message board and was delighted to see your name.

Re: Ceciuls in California

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 5:23AM GMT
Hello Cousin...Creed Cecil was my grandfather and his only child, Rolland V. Cecil, was my father. I love finding new cousins...Welcome to my "family."

Re: Ceciuls in California

Posted: 7 Jun 2002 5:59PM GMT
Pat- Thanks for your reply. I learned of your branch of the Cecil family from Internet postings and the connection with Visalia. Since I live in the Central Valley, and my great-grandfather lived in Delano which is south of Visalia, I assumed he knew of and visited his aunt and his cousins.
I would be interested in what you know of the Cecil family.
I had a business meeting in Visalia a couple of years ago, and visited the library and the cemetary and found the graves of several Cecil family members. Please e-mail me with any info that you think I might be interested in. Let me know if I
can be of assistance to you.

Best regards,
Cuzzin'Dick

per page

Find a board about a specific topic