Search for content in message boards

TYSON name in Cumbria, England

TYSON name in Cumbria, England

GRAHAM WILLIS TYSON (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jan 2001 12:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:34PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson, Thyssen
TYSON is a very common name in the North West of England in the County of CUMBRIA.
It should not be confused with the name THYSSEN which, in most cases is derived from
Germany. My TYSON ancestry is from CUMBRIA
and we have a branch in California.

Re: TYSON name in Cumbria, England

Graham J Tyson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2001 2:48PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:35PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson
Note you are looking for Tysons from Cumbria UK. I am researching my family tree at the moment having lost contact with my fathers family 'Tyson' after his death in 1954.
I know his father was called John George Tyson but as to his date of birth I do not know yet. I believe he may have come from Lancaster (just south of Cumbria), but this is only a guess at the moment.

GRAHAM JOHN TYSON (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2001 10:00AM GMT
Great news !! My family also from LANCASTER.
Moved down from Cumbria mid 1800's
GtGtGrFather a Coachbuilder. Later moved again to Manchester. Are you UK based ?
Maybe we could correspond with info ??

Graham Tyson (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2001 4:09PM GMT
Hi. Thanks for the reply, apologies for the delay. Yes I am UK based. Researching my family tree on the Tyson side. My father lived in Ulverston, Cumbria and died in 1954. I am advised he was born in Lancaster and presently trying to find more but don't have anything yet. Keep in touch. I will advise as soon as I get anything but please let forward some of your information to see if it ties up when my results come in.
Regards, Graham Tyson

GRAAHAM WILLIS TYSON (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:51PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:36PM GMT
I can hardly believe the coincidence of even
sharing similar names.
My research goes back to 1804. Going further back presents a bit of a problem as I am in
Bristol and most of the research is in Preston Records office. Can we correspond ?

Graham Jack Tyson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 2001 3:25PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:36PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson,Dowling
Amazing coincidence three of us researching Lancashire Tyson - all called Graham Tyson.
I have found my father was born in Yealand Conyers, Lancashire, on 17 Nov 1923. His father was John George Tyson who died between 1923 - 1928 but cannot find anything else at the moment on this line. Any assistance welcome.
His mother was Elizabeth Ellen (Dowling).

JOHN GEORGE TYSON/ Matthew Mark Brunton Tyson

John George Tyson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 3:50PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson,Dowling
I have found that my Grandfather was John George Tyson, married Elizabeth Dowling, and lived in Yealand Conyers, Lancashire, where my father - Francis Cyril Tyson and his sister Violet were born. John George served in the 1914-18 war and died in 1927, aged 35.
It is possible that his fathr was Matthew Mark Brunton Tyson and I would appreciate any information from anyone who may have information.

JOHN GEORGE TYSON/ Matthew Mark Brunton Tyson

Graham Tyson (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 3:52PM GMT
Oooops, my name was shown incorrectly as posted by John George Tyson - sorry

sara penny (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jul 2001 12:28PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:37PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson,Vickers,Barker
My family named tyson are from Cumbria. My great grandparents are buried in Corney Church. My grandfather passed over some years ago but a number of his siblings still live in Cumbria. Some live in Preston, Consett and other places i am trying to find out about.
My grandad was John Vickers and he married Sarah Barker. If you want anymore help let me know and i will try to get more info

Graham (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2001 10:31PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2002 10:38PM GMT
Surnames: TYSON
Sarah, don't know if your TYSON links with ours.
We have a Mark Brunton Tyson b 1871, with a son John George(my Gt.Grandfather)who in turn had a son Francis Cyril (my Dad). Most of this line of Tysons comes from Yealand Conyers, nr. Lancaster, or on the Lancs Coast in Storth, Beetham.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic