Search for content in message boards

Carnmoney,Antrim,Ireland

Carnmoney,Antrim,Ireland

Nancy (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Giffen, Quirey, Rodgers, Russell, Smyth, Archbold, Henderson, Bigger, Dick, Finlay, Fulton, Agnew, Dawson, Crymble, Bigger, Martin
I have a large collection of ancestors in Carnmoney who have
the surnames of:Giffen, Quirey, Rodgers, Russell, Smyth,
Archbold, Finlay,Fulton, Dick, Dawson,Crymble,Bigger,Agnew,
Martin,and others as well. Hoping to find living relatives
of these families that I can compare data with.

Dick family

Posted: 25 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jun 2002 1:25AM GMT
I am working on the Dick line from America and Antrim. They sailed to America in 1754 on the ship the Earl of Donegal.

Bigger, Henderson

Posted: 13 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Mar 2002 1:08AM GMT
Surnames: Bigger, Henderson
Hi Nancy,
I have a Thomas Henderson married in 1842 to a Hellen/Ellen Bigger in Northumberland England in my family tree. They arrived in Australia by 1844. Could this line be one of yours?
Megan Kelly

Smyth Family

James C. Keel (View posts)
Posted: 21 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Smyth, Wilson, Robinson, Crawford, Armstrong, Harbison, Keel
My grandmother, Annie Louisa (Smyth) Harbison, was born in Portglenone, County Antrim, She had many brothers and sisters. Her parents were John Smyth, a farmer, and Nancy Ann (Wilson). John (from Carclinty) & Nancy (from Drumcon) were married in Cullybackey Ref. Presby. Church, Ahoghill, on November 19th, 1886 --no ages were on the copy of the Marriage Register Book that I have. Nancy's parents were Hugh Wilson and Maryanne (sp?) (Robisnson). Nancy also had many brothers and sisters. I have names, but no dates to reference. Does anything sound familiar? Can you offer any help?

agnew/campbell

p.colvin (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: agnew, campbell
I am looking for john agnew who married ellen or helen nee campbell.there are links to ballymena ireland.3 known children who emmigrated to new zealand on the 4th november 1877 on the ship Marlborough.Thomas Agnew, Alexander Agnew and Margaret Agnew.There may be other offspring of John and Ellen Agnew.

Jane Robison/Robinson

Wendi (View posts)
Posted: 30 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robison, Robinson, Ferguson
I am looking for information on Jane Robison md James Ferguson of Belfast abt 1850.
TIA,
Wendi
lumin@qwest.net

CRYMBLEs in N.I., OH

Posted: 9 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Apr 2002 6:39AM GMT

Robinson from Belfast area

James C. Keel (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Wilson, Smyth, Crawford, Harbison, Keel, McWhinney
My Robinson is Mary Anne Robinson, married to a Hugh Wilson, dates unknown. I have posted the following in a few different areas:

My grandmother was Annie Louisa (Smyth) Harbison, b. 1892 in Portglenone, Ballymena, Co. Antrim. Her sister was Eliz. Smyth, married to T.M. Crawford. One of their daughters was Ena Crawford, married to Eddie McWhinney, and they currently live around Glasgow, Scotland.

Annie and Liz's parents were John Smyth, a farmer in Lisrodden, and his wife Nancy Ann (Wilson) Smyth. Nancy's parents were Hugh Wilson and Mary Anne (Robinson) Wilson.

I have no dates on these earlier people, and I am wondering if there is any connection with information that might be available in this thread.

Ancestry

Jim Ryan (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Dick
I'm Jim Ryan - aka James Howell Dick.

I am the son of Durwood Corneilous Dick
who is the son of Elijah Corneilous Dick
who is the son of Thomas Charles Dick
who is the son of Elijah Gill Dick
who is the son of Samuel Dick --- this is as far back as I have gotten. He and his Brother may have been from Scotland.

Samuel DICK bn ca 1799 SC married Delilah (maiden unknown) bn ca 1810 SC
possibly in Union County, SC

Their issue:
William Yancy DICK bn ca 1821 SC
John W. DICK bn ca 1823 SC
Elijah Gill DICK bn 1824 SC
Isham Cornelius DICK bn ca 1828 SC
Nancy Rebecca DICK bn ca 1832 SC
James Miles T. DICK bn ca 1834 SC
Sydney bn ca 1836 AL
Elizabeth bn ca 1838 AL
Paulina bn ca 1841 AL

There is some discrepancy since the 1850 census of Smith Co. Texas shows his
age as 60, putting his birth at 1790 which may be right.

There have been successive waves from Germany, Denmark, Scotland and Ireland of ancestors with these names. It seems that most can be traced back to Scotland and from there to the Netherlands (Dyck).

Jim Ryan

first@mediaone.net

ROBINSON

Posted: 30 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 2 Feb 2005 3:17AM GMT
MY GGRANDMOTHER WAS ANNIE ROBINSON BORN ABOUT 1863.I KNOW ONE OF HER CHILDREN FOR SURE WAS BORN IN PORTGLENNENE CO. ANTRIM ABOUT 1888. MY GGRANDFATHER WAS WILLIAM ? MCINTYRE
WHO MAY HAVE OWNED A PUB (FAMILY LORE).HE DIED PRIOR TO MY GGRANDMOTHER IMMIGRATING TO CANADA ABOUT 1908 .I HOPE WE HAVE A CONNECTION BECAUSE IT SURE HARD TO TRACK THIS SIDE OF MY FAMILY. BILL SHARP

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions