Search for content in message boards

West Newton Cemetary PA

West Newton Cemetary PA

Tammy M.(PA) (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 8:49AM GMT
Anyone willing to look for 7 graves in this cemetary? I live a good 6 hrs. away or I'd do it myself. I'd like pictures of the stones, or rubbings.Contact mylight@aec.nu-Tammy

Re: West Newton Cemetary PA

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 2002 10:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I see your message is from 2000. If you still need someone to do this let me know. I am there quite often.

Posted: 5 Feb 2003 4:22PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2005 2:12PM GMT
Surnames: Deutsch Lalley Hasson Fulmer Peters Shank
Hi Kim,
I have a group of relatives that died in the l940's whose death certificates say they were buried in West Newton cemetary. These people appear to have lived in neighboring Sutersville. Is there only one cemetary with the specific name West Newton cemetary? Can you tell me directions from a main road so I could visit there?
I notice that the undertaker is located in Buena Vista on most of these certificates. Is this a close area?

Thanks!

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 7 Feb 2003 5:21PM GMT
Hi Louise, West Newton cemetary is right off 136 before you enter West Newton and before the bridge on the right hand side. There is a monument company right near the entrance.
As far as I know this is the only cemetary named such.
Buena Vista isn't too... far. Maybe 15 miles. Far enough.
Hope this helps. If you need any other info, let me know.

Posted: 7 Feb 2003 8:53PM GMT
Edited: 21 May 2005 2:12PM GMT
Hi. Thanks for responding. I hope to get up in that area when we get into the warmer weather (if that ever comes!). My mother was born there and I have passed near that area, but I have never felt the "need" to visit there until now. Must be something calling me:) Thanks again!

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2003 6:49PM GMT
Well, when you head down to West Newton if you'd like, send me a message and I could meet you there. Always game for digging up info

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jun 2003 11:40PM GMT
Yes, That is the only West Newton Cemetary and Sutersville is extremely close to there. There was also another woman who the undertaker was in Buena Vista and they were buried in West Newton. Where are you from? If you wish contact me off the message board for more direct info
Kim
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions