Search for content in message boards

Kenny

Posted: 27 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 2:22AM GMT
Surnames: Newell, Hopkins
Researching the Kenny family of Lissavalley Jackson, in the parish of Tuam in Co.Galway. Other names associated with this family are Newell and Hopkins.

Kenny-Gorman

Posted: 28 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 16 Aug 2001 12:13AM GMT
Surnames: KENNY, GORMAN, SULLIVAN, DUGAN
In a summary of a letter written in 1973 by Agnes Gorman to Marny Sullivan, Berny Kenny, Ed Kenny, Agnes Kenny Gorman, Jack Gorman, and Ed Sullivan are all mentioned. The Kennys and Gormans lived in Jamaica, NY. "Cousin Mary" Dugan was a first cousin of Agnes's dad, and the mother of Nellie Dugan. She was also the grandmother of Berny, Agnes, and Ed Kenny.

Hoping this confusing mishmash of names might spark some recognition. The Sullivans came from Eyrecourt and Ed Sullivan is one of the children of John Sullivan and Anne Toppin of that location.

KENNY

Susan Kenny-Welch (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KENNY, MULVEY
Hi,
I'm researching family of Dennis Kenny, had a great uncle, Michael Kenny, that left him a farm "Clonburn/Clonbern ?. Dennis returned to Ireland via Galway in 1935. I have been told near Tuam there is a place that could be Clonburn?. Family history says the family was from Roscommon, could have been my grandmother, Catherine Mulvey.
Any help to you?
Susan

Dennis Kenny

Aubry Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Pauline McGregor Currien is also searching for a Dennis Kenny about the same period.

You can contact her on p.e.c@talk21.com

Re: Kenny-Gorman

Posted: 14 Jan 2002 2:53AM GMT
Surnames: Raczynski, Gorman
Hi I,m wondering if any of thoes "Gormans" have relitives who live in "Albany NewYork. who married a Helen Raczybski who came from Westfield Massachetts in the 1940,s She my Aunt and I,m trying to find out what ever happen to the both of them?Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Ed Hagan (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2002 1:58AM GMT
I have no information that my Gormans fit your description. I have very little information, so I can't be sure, but it is unlikely. Sorry.

Posted: 16 Jan 2002 1:45AM GMT
Thank you Ed for your Repley for years I,ve heard that my Dad,s sister ( Helen Raczynski) and my Uncle Kenny either lived in Ireland, or England so I,ll try both those countries,.
So thank you again Ed .

Re: Kenny

christine Phipps (View posts)
Posted: 10 Feb 2002 11:45AM GMT
My family are Kennys and Hopkins. Can you tell me a bit more.
Christine Phipps

Re: Kenny

Posted: 13 Feb 2002 12:36AM GMT
Edited: 17 Mar 2002 2:22AM GMT
My great great grandfather was Patrick Kenny and he married Eleanor Hopkins. Both born 1819 and lived in Lissavalley, just outside the town of Tuam, in Co. Galway.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions