Search for content in message boards

Simmons family in Alabama

Simmons family in Alabama

Posted: 15 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Nov 2003 10:49PM GMT
Surnames: simmons
Researching the family line of Ruel Simmons born in Coffee Springs, Ala. Sept 14, 1877 and died May 21,1965. His parents were J. B. and Sue Simmons. He married Clemmie Mae Marshall on May 3, 1920 after first wife, Jessie Mae died.
Clemmie Mae's parents were Dan and Nor Marshall. Clemmie Mae was born Enterprise, Alabaam July 24, 1903 and died January 5, 1944. I would appreciate any leads. Thank you.

Ruell Simmons

Posted: 13 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2001 5:32PM GMT
Surnames: Ruell Simmons
Coffee Co. message you asked about:I am sending what info I have to you e-mail.hope it helps .Mary

Re: Simmons family in Alabama

Joan (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 2004 9:30PM GMT
Can you tell me anthing about the Marshall side of your family. Was Dan listed as Jefferson D. in the 1870 census, and was he son of James Wesley Marshall and Margaret Ann Rebecca Gilpin??
I'm trying to track children of Sion and Bethany Marshall and would appreciate andy help.
Joan Hidle

Posted: 24 Jun 2004 10:11AM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 4:04AM GMT
First, let me say this is my first cousin's mother's family and I know very few details of this family. Both aunt and uncle are now dead. My cousin's grandparents were Ruel Simmons and his second wife of three Clemmie Mae Marshall. From the little research I have done on this Marshall line, it seems that her parents were Daniel Marshall and wife Nora who are listed in the 1920 Census of Alabama. Another researcher did suggest that this line did connect to Sion and Bethany Marshall, but I don't have any proof of how it does. I will email you that information as it won't go as an attachment with the email. Hope it helps.

Posted: 9 Jan 2005 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jan 2005 1:05PM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Kiser, Boles, Wyatt
My maternal grandfather was Bud Simmons. He was a guard at the jail. He married Myrtle (either Boles or Kiser). Bud and Myrtle Simmons had a daughter, Merlene,(my mom), and sons Charles and William. I was born in Enterprise Alabama, which is where my grandparents resided.
I hope we can find a match, as no one seems to have info on my grandfather or my grandmother.
Good luck,
Darlene
kimtroiano@cfl.rr.com

Posted: 9 Jan 2005 3:51PM GMT
Edited: 17 Nov 2006 4:04AM GMT
Surnames: Simmons, Marshall
You did not mention any dates so I have no idea what generation you are talking about, but if you get your grandfather's death and birth certificate you can learn a great deal about him. The local health department will be able to give you instructions on how to obtain these documents or you could go online at the Alabama State website. Good luck. The information I have does not include many born after 1900 since so many of them are still living. You sound very young so I am thinking your grandfather may have been born after that time. His death certificate would list his parents and they may be born in the late 1800's. The Simmons line is not my line but the line of a first cousin that I was researching for him.

Posted: 9 Nov 2011 12:56AM GMT
ruel simmons was the father of my grandfather pasco simmons who married pinkie harrison

Posted: 2 Apr 2012 4:09PM GMT
My grandfather Pasco Simmons is the son of Ruel Simmons. He married Pinkie Claudine Harrison on December 26,1926. They lived in Samson, Alabama.

Posted: 18 Apr 2012 1:31AM GMT
My aunt was Janice Simmons Thompson. She was one of the 2 daughters by the second wife.

Thank you for the information. I will share it with my cousin James Thompson.

Posted: 1 Apr 2013 9:49PM GMT
I am the grandaughter of Pasco and Pinkie Simmons also,,,My father was Robert,,,i came across this sight while googling info to try to connect with my Aunt and two uncles..Samantha you wouldnt happen to be Uncle Derwwods daughter would you?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic