Harry UPTON

Sherry Harysch (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Upton, Foreman, McGary, Wimer, Haywood, Cooper
Obituary of Harry Upton

Sheridan Press, Sunday 31 August 1941

Last Rites for Harry Upton in Los Angeles

Funeral services were held in Grace Memorial Church at Los Angeles Saturday morning, Aug 30 for Harry Upton, who died Aug 28. He was born in Wood-house Eaves, England, Nov 14 1861 and he came to America 55 years ago, and settled in Carbon, WY while this country was still a territory.

He moved to Sheridan in 1907 and he worked for the Burlington rail-road for 26 years, retiring Dec 15 1932. At that time he moved to Los Angeles to make his home.

He married Elizabeth Cooper Oct 16 1882 in England. Mr. and Mrs. Upton made their home with a son Wilfred Upton in Los Angeles.

Surviving Mr. Upton, in addition to his wife are three sons, all of Los Angeles, Thomas, Horace and Wilfred Upton; three daughters, Mrs. Ethel McGary of Seattle; Mrs. William Foreman of Monarch, WY; a granddaughter, Mrs. Harry Wimer of Sheridan, and one sister in the United States, Mrs. George Haywood of Sheridan. His other Sister resides in England.

He was a member of the Masonic lodge, and the Eagle lodge of Sheridan.

Interment was in Forest Lawn Memorial Park.

Re: Harry UPTON

Posted: 17 May 2004 2:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: UPTON
My Uptons were from Woodhouse Eaves in England. I found the family names for Harry from a faily Bible listed by Jackie McWilliams. Her listed e-mail is no longer active. Does anyone know her or information on this family?

Rita Bennett
rita@rickbennett.com

Posted: 17 Jan 2008 5:11PM GMT
Rita Bennett,

I think we talked about 7 months ago, my name is Steve Upton and I was looking for information on the Uptons. I have contacted Jackie McWilliams and she is my Aunt. If you need Any information please feel free to contact me.

Steve

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 11:21PM GMT
Surnames: Upton, Squire
Hi there,
I was just wondering if you have anything on a William Upton 1854-1923 from Woodhouse Eaves area.

Thanks for checking!

Posted: 17 Aug 2008 1:17AM GMT
Hello,
There were two Upton families living in that area around that time frame. Are you a member of ancestry .com?

Steve

Posted: 17 Aug 2008 1:38PM GMT
Surnames: Upton, Squire
Yes I am. Do you need an invitation to see my family tree? I'm new to this. :-)

Posted: 17 Aug 2008 1:58PM GMT
Yes That would be nice, then I could see what you have.

Steve
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions