Search for content in message boards

van der Puije from Zeeland, yr 1703

van der Puije from Zeeland, yr 1703

OA Vanderpuye (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for sources and ways to research geneaology of van der Puije from Middleburg, Zeeland in 1700s. William van der Puije was said to be a wine merchant who travelled to Cape Town, South Africa and the Gold Coast, West Africa 1703. A descendant was Jacobus van der Puije who was one time governor at the Dutch fort of Elmina in the Gold Coast, West Africa,1780.

van der puije

woutvanhaaster (View posts)
Posted: 18 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: van der puije
please check your mail for a list of van der puije's

Re: van der Puije from Zeeland, yr 1703

Posted: 23 Apr 2010 12:08AM GMT
Hello

This is a rather old post but I was searching on van der Puije and wanted to find out the history of this family (I am a descendant). Did you make progress in your research?

George Lamptey

Posted: 15 Jun 2011 4:29PM GMT
Hello Mr. Lamptey,

I have not been here for a long time and just saw your post. A historical reference was found that mentioned one as a brief governor of Elmina Castle. Little information was forthcoming from the Netherlands because the records in Middleburg which is the ancestral home were destroyed during World War II. A reputable and effective Dutch genealogist might be of some help but I have not had the time to locate one. The one I tried wasn't much help. The family's founder Jacobus had a coat of arms and a mottto : "Stella Duce". I have not been able to determine the colours of the coat of arms which is unfortunate because Heraldry could determine more information based on those colours.

I hope this is of help.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 11:11PM GMT
My family tree indicates that Jacobus van der Puije, Governor of Elmina, Gold Coast, in 1780, son of William van der Puije from Zeeland, born in 1703, is my great, great, great, grandfather. Jacobus had a son Peter with a local lady, Ayaley Ablah. Peter later became Commandant of Birecco. The van der Puije family in Ghana now is very huge and we are eager to trace our ancestry as far as possible. I would therefore be extremely grateful to get more information about my ancestor Jacobus van der Puije.

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 11:18PM GMT
327 hits on google by imserting

Jacobus van der Puije.

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions