Search for content in message boards

McLemore family in Tennessee....Mclemore family in Tennessee.....

McLemore family in Tennessee....Mclemore family in Tennessee.....

Posted: 20 May 2001 6:40AM GMT
I am looking for information on all of these Mclemores really, would like to know their stories. I know very little of their lives. Of course I would appreciate any leads regarding Abraham and Sarah's origins especially.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1860 census for Monroe County, TN
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Abraham McLemore 46yrs
married to
Sarah ?? 45yrs

Children born TN:
Hamil (female) 24yrs.....
Arch D. (male) 23yrs.....
Sarah E. (female) 21yrs.....
John (male) 18yrs.....
Kizi J. (female) 16yrs--see below for more info......
Jackson (male) 13yrs.....
Rebiana? (female) 11yrs--?spelling of name hard to decipher.....
Jeatthy? (female) 5yrs--?spelling of name hard to decipher---says this girl was born in ??Mourmi or Moermi?? None of the others say this.
NOTE::there is also a daughter by the name of Saphrona (Frona) born in 1861 so she isn't on this census

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marriage Record Monroe County, TN
Wm J Huff
to
Kiziah J Mclemore
on
March 12 1869

1880 census for Monroe county TN
William Huff 29yrs I think
married to
Kisey or Kizey J McLemore 33yrs

Children born TN:
Archey W. (male) 10yrs.....
George W. (male) 7yrs.....
William (male) 5yrs.....
Hester A. (female) 2yrs.....
Joseph W. (male) 7/12.....
NOTE::there is also a daughter by the name of Mallie who was not born by the year of this census and a son Floyd as well

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have other censuses that give info on Mallie and her husband Robert Watkins and Hester and her husband Newt Crowder and Kiziah being divorced living with sister Frona and son Floyd, then Kiziah being widowed, etc...

Re: McLemore family in Tennessee....Mclemore family in Tennessee.....

Posted: 17 Dec 2001 2:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Jun 2002 8:20PM GMT
H
I have an Abraham McLarmore b 1813 in Knox Co. and settled in Monroe Co., Tn.. I have no other infor on him at present, but I do have some on some of his 10 brothers an sister and his parents( Archibald b. 1787 in NC D. Abt. 1829 and his wife Sarah Plumley b Abt 1789 in Tn and married in 1805 in Knox Co. I have his siblings as Joseph L. m. Maldy Snider; Minerva Mary m Isom Young; Anson; John m. Delila Bredon; Archibald II m. Mary Brown; Young Leander; William m.Amanda Gentry; Wesley m. America Young; Andrew Jackson m. Dialtha? Some of these children stayed in Tn and several went on to become some of the founding fathers of Dade Co., MO. Let me know if this helps.

Larry

shirley (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2002 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: McLemore
I was a mclemore before marrage. My mclemore people are from Vonore TN. I am sure it is the same ones. I have 4 books on them. My father was Homer McLemore. His father was Luther Mclemore. Abraham and Sarah are My great great grand parents .

Jim McLemore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Feb 2002 11:24PM GMT
You say you have four books on the McLemores. Any names
show up like Ephraim, Sterling, Wright, Samuel, Keaton
Jones etc. Any McLemores married to Jones or Keatons?

Advise and thanks,

Jim McLemore
Denver

Posted: 21 May 2002 3:13PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 2:58PM GMT
Surnames: Williams, McLemore, Lichtenwonger, Devine
In you 4 books do you have an Edwin Luttrell McLamore b. 28 Jan 1876, d. 5 May 1952 in the data? He purportedly married 27 Oct.1897,Augusta Williams in Knox Co. TN..

Isaac McLemore (View posts)
Posted: 4 Jun 2002 11:35PM GMT
Do you have any info on Judah McLemore, other than what's in the 1850 census. Thanks

Posted: 5 Jun 2002 3:09PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jun 2002 2:58PM GMT
Do you have or know of a Edwin Luttrell McLemore in Knox County?

gina mclemore morris (View posts)
Posted: 20 Sep 2002 7:40PM GMT
Hi there I am looking for McLemore's with the some of the same names you had. Do you have any information on Wright who had five children (that I know of) named John, Rufus, Sterling, Lucy and Vernetta? I think that there dad was Ephraim but I am unable to confirm that. All of Wright's children listed there place of birth as TN. If you have any info or if there is any info that I may have to help you let me know.

Thanks

Posted: 20 Sep 2002 11:03PM GMT
Edited: 16 May 2005 12:29AM GMT
Surnames: McLEMORE
I am jumping in because some of the names you list are similar to my line. I brick wall is JOHN McLEMORE b ca 1822 in North Carolina. He married Sarah MORGAN prior to 1850, she was also born NC. They lived in Decatur Co, GA as of the 1850 census. Sarah died sometime after that census, and he and his children moved with members of the MORGAN family to Newton/Jasper Counties Texas prior to 1860 where he remarried Sarah Ann BOYETT. My ancestor was his son JOHN "Finn" McLEMORE. Finn named one of his son's RUFUS McLemore. Even though John's birthplace was North Carolina per census records, my grandparents always claimed his family was from Tennessee.
Any info, or even good hunches, would be greatly appreciated.
Melinda McLemore Strong

Posted: 21 Sep 2002 2:32PM GMT
I havent worked on my geneaology in a while. Give me a few days and I'll check through my info and let you know if anything links up.

(:
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions