Search for content in message boards

Bladen Co. newspaper coverage 1890-1920

Bladen Co. newspaper coverage 1890-1920

Posted: 13 Jul 2011 10:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cain, Hair, Haire, Dunham
Which newspapers covered events in Bladen Co. from 1890-1920? Two of my grandfather's siblings died in tragic circumstances. Interested in knowing more. Children of John Wesley Cain and Sophie Caroline Dunham. Son Edgar D. Cain was murdered April 28, 1892. Daughter Allie Cain Hair(e) and a daughter died as a result of burns suffered when they got too close to an open fire in the home about Nov. 11, 1919. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Bladen Co. newspaper coverage 1890-1920

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 4:19PM GMT
My initial thought would be to try the Wilmington NC newspaper. It was around at the time and the library in Wilmington has microfilm of the papers.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 10:30PM GMT
Thanks. I hadn't thought of that one. Had considered the one in Fayetteville NC as a possibility. The Bladen County papers didn't go back that far according to the library there, but hoped someone might know other options. Don't know about Robeson County.

Posted: 9 May 2012 3:56AM GMT
the two dominate papers at that time would have been the Bladen Daily Journal as it was called at that time and the Robesonian there are several Cains in this area or you can visit the Geneology museum at the Bladenboro Historical Building at 818 South Main St.

Posted: 17 Nov 2012 9:22PM GMT
Do you know if the people you mentioned died in Bladen County or elsewhere?

If they died in Wilmington, try www.onhgs.org, click on links, and then click on New Hanover County, NC vital records for births, deaths and marriages.

My contact in Wilmington has been Beverly Tetterton and Joseph Sheppard in the NC Room, 2nd. floor. Public Library..I think the address is 201 Chestnut St. Wilmington, NC. 28401
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions