Search for content in message boards

Buttle Family in Little, Great and New Sampford Essex

Buttle Family in Little, Great and New Sampford Essex

Posted: 23 Nov 2004 5:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Feb 2006 8:41PM GMT
I have Buttle's in Little, Great and New Sampford Essex in my tree,

I have a William Buttle. b abt 1799 m. Mary Halls, I am unable to confirm this information, I believe they had sons
Issac, charles, Arthur and samual, any information would be appriciated.

Sue
Posted: 19 May 2005 11:01PM GMT
Hi, William Buttle bap.30 Jun 1799 was my husband's gggg-grandfather. His wife was Mary Halls bap.24mar 1799 in Finchingfield. My husband is related via their son Samuel born 1825 in Gt Samford who married Eliza Willis 17Oct 1846 also in Gt Samford. As far as I can tell. William was the son of John Buttel and Susanna Frost who married in Lt Samford 23Oct 1798 and that John Buttel was the son of William Buttel and Susanna Sammes. These two married 4 Dec 1775 again in Lt Samford.I hope this helps.

Re: Buttle Family

Posted: 20 May 2005 6:47AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2006 8:41PM GMT
Hi Dawn,

Thank you for this information. I do have Samual m. Eliza in my tree.

My relationship is that William m. Mary was my 4th Great Grandad. Do you use Gedcom at all as I would love to have a look at your tree, and compare notes!

I had hit a brick wall with William so this is brilliant to be able to go that bit futher back.

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 9:24AM GMT
i have a Betsy Buttle from the Hempstead area in Essex she was born abt 1829 probably christened Elizabeth. She married in 1855 to a Stephen Belsham from hempstead.

Posted: 8 Jun 2007 2:11PM GMT
There Buttles in the Hamptsted area, haven't found a connection yet though.

Thanks

Sue

Re: Buttle Family in Little, Great and New Sampford Essex

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 11:09AM GMT
Surnames: Buttle
not sure if you were clear on the area I meant, it is a village called Hempstead in Essex. Also the name was connected to Old Sampford also in Essex.

Re: Buttle Family in Little, Great and New Sampford Essex

Posted: 9 Jun 2007 5:48PM GMT
Oh sorry, I misread I think and thought you meant Hampstead. Anyhow I don't have an elizabeth born that year, may be she was a cousin or something? do you have her parents?

Regards and thanks

Sue
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions