Classification: Lookup
Edited: 3 Feb 2003 9:35AM GMT
Free look up service available for Victorian BDM's

Mary Ann Maddox

Patricia Pitman (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2003 6:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: James, Treloar, Maddox
Could you please look up the death of Mary Ann Maddox around 1866. she was married to William Maddox 1855
ist marriage 1853 to John Treloar /Mary Ann James
also marriage of William maddox after 1866

any info would be really appreciated
Thank You
Patricia

Re: Mary Ann Maddox

Posted: 3 Feb 2003 8:42AM GMT
Edited: 3 Feb 2003 9:35AM GMT
Surnames: Maddox, Treloar
Hi Patricia,
This may sound confusing but there are two entries for the death of Mary Ann Maddox.
1. Mary Ann Maddox
died aged 38 Father and details unknown
Registration no 2969R

2. Mary Ann Dempsey
died aged 38 Father and details unknown
Registration no 2969

The corresponding registration no's and with R mean they are the same person with two different certificates. Or the one certificate with alterations on it. that's rather interesting isn't it.
William maddox married Mary Ann Treloar 1855 reg no 831.
There are three marriages of a William Maddox after 1866 and are as follows.
William Maddox born Eng married Sarah Ann Burns 1883 reg no 1768.
William Henry maddox born Sandhurst Victoria married Catherine Harrison 1884. Reg no 302
William Fowler Maddox born Oxforsshire married Elizabeth Annie Barnett 1877. Reg no 3478

I too am researching the surname Treloar, this family came from Creswick Victoria (near Ballarat) (John Treloar and Grace Roberts). Do you know of this family?

Re: Mary Ann Maddox

Patricia Pitman (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2003 2:36AM GMT
Surnames: Maddok James Treloar Burns
Thank You Debra, for your reply,
it is very confusing,with Mary Ann Maddox and Dempsey, i will have to do more research,
i have info of one of her Sons, Arthur Edward Maddox born 1863 an it states she was 32 years, but there could be a mix up with her age, I will be sending for certificates which may help,

William Maddox from England married to Sarah Burns 1883 was Mary Ann James/Treloar ist husband my Great Great Grandfather.

I am not sure about John Treloar and Grace Roberts, my John Treloar married Mary Ann James 1853, but i think he died 1854.do you know what year John and Grace married, maybe he was one of the children of Mary Ann Treloar born 1854 to John Treloar and Mary Ann James,Mary Ann Treloar married a Joshua/Joseph Jessup approx 1876, i will look up my paper work and get back to you.
Thanks again for your help much appreciated.
Regards Patricia

Re: Free Look Up Service for Victoria

Bev Beazley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 8:01AM GMT
Surnames: BEAZLEY
I'm having trouble locating some info re my husband's gfather, Isaac BEAZLEY. I believe he married Mary Eliza (surname not known) somewhere between 1861-1887 in Victoria. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Debra Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 8:19AM GMT
Bev,

There is absolutely no mention of an Isaac Beazley marriage or births of children. I also checked Beasley. are you sure it was Victoria ?

Bev Beazley (View posts)
Posted: 5 Feb 2003 11:02PM GMT
Surnames: BEAZLEY
Thank you so much for your prompt reply and taking the time for me. No, I'm not certain that Isaac was married in Victoria. We know that he was born in Soham,Cambridge, in 1827, was married for the 2nd time in Tasmania and also died there (my husband's father is a product of the 2nd marriage). We have no info at all re his 1st marriage (other than the Christian names, Mary Eliza). A distant cousin has detailed information about other members of the family, and he said that Isaac lived in Victoria before going to Tasmania, so the 1st marriage being in Victoria was a shot in the dark. His 1st wife died in Tasmania in 1887, 5 months before he married his 2nd wife.

Joanne (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 7:01AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Millar
Hi Debra,

Are you able to help me find a marriage for my grandmother, Jean Margaret Marion Millar, born approx 1920. She was married twice, but it's her first marriage I'm interested, as the man she married was my mother's father, although was not listed on my mother's birth certificate. Messy? Yes.

Jean Margaret Marion Seaton nee Millar(Arthur Seaton was her second husband)
Her parent's surname was Millar
She died 6th October 1970 at 53 years of age (approx year of birth 1917)
She was 19 years when she married for the first time (which would make the wedding about 1936)
She had one child from her first marriage (my mother, Norma Frances Millar born 1941) but there is no father listed on my mother's birth certificate.

Anyway, the death certificate states the following:

First marriage:
Where: unknown
at what age: 19 years
to whom: Unknown Wilson

The family lived in the Chelsea are for many years, if that helps any.

One theory would be that at the time Jean became pregnant "unknown Wilson" was a.w.o.l. from the army and she wanted to keep his name off my mother's birth certificate for fear of him being tracked down.

Hope you can help,

Joanne Perrin
anperrin@netspace.net.au

Marriage Record

Debra Jackson (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 7:21AM GMT
Sorry Joanne,

Marriage record indexes only index up until 1930. If I can help you with anything else mail me.

Re: Marriage Record

Joanne (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2003 7:28AM GMT
any suggestions on how I should go about finding this out?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions