Search for content in message boards

RUHLMANN Family in Strasbourg

RUHLMANN Family in Strasbourg

Posted: 11 Feb 2002 6:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Mar 2003 2:27AM GMT
I am looking for information on any RUHLMANN families from Strasbourg, Alsace, France. My family emigrated from Strasbourg and I have the family line back to early 1700's and possibly to the late 1500's. The earliest name that I am trying to confirm connection is a Lorentz RUHLMANN born about 1585.

If you have any information about the RUHLMANN family in Strasbourg, please post a reply.

Thanks, Larry Ruhlman

Re: RUHLMANN Family in Strasbourg

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 5:02PM GMT
Edited: 26 May 2002 4:09AM GMT
I am also researching the Ruhlman family that came from Alsace to Michigan. I am not as far back as you are, but I was wondering if you have a connection to my Lorenz Ruhlman that was born @1833 and died in 1919 and is buried in Centerline, Mich.

Posted: 25 Feb 2002 7:10PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2003 2:27AM GMT
Carolyn,

I don't show a Lorenz in my line but then I only have detailed data on my male line, not on other males in each family. However, names seem to be passed along to each generation so maybe there is a connection somewhere. I have not been able to tie my family to any other Ruhlman families in the U.S. yet even though other Ruhlman families originated in Alsace. My family was specifaclly from Strasbourg and didn't seem to wander away.

If you send me your email I will pass on some information I have. I also have some detailed genealogies of other Alsace Ruhlman familes who emigrated to America but I can't tie my line to theirs. I'll check to see if they show a Lorenz.

Larry
Loruhlman@aol.com

Posted: 11 Mar 2002 12:10AM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2002 1:31AM GMT
Surnames: Ruhlman
Larry,

Hi, I am new to this and caught your message on Ruhlman. I am also researching the Ruhlman family, but am having a hard time, as it is not a very common name.

I can tell you that I am descended from John William Ruhlman, born 19 Feb 1830 in York County, Pa thru his son Elias Elsworth Ruhlman, then thru Lonzo Earl Ruhlman and his son Robert Lloyd Ruhlman and then my mother Lynda Ruhlman.

I know that John had at least 4 children, all boys, George Henry b 1857 Oh, Lewis Oliver b 1860, I believe Oh also, Elias Elsworth b 1866 Oh, and Charles Wilson b 1873 Oh.

I would be very grateful if you had any information to add for my line or any ideas of where I should go from here. I am having a hard time finding birth and death certificates for some of them.

Thanks in advance for any info and feel free to contact me directly at tutibear101@msn.com

Posted: 18 Mar 2010 6:36PM GMT
My great grandfather Jacob Rohlman/Ruhlman was born in July 1839 at Alsace Lorraine, probably Strasbourg. He came to the U.S. about 1857. He married Elizabeth Martin in 1861. He died 7 July 1918. I think he had a brother August. His father could have been Lorenz. If any of this matches your info, I would be glad to exchange info. I seem to be at a blank wall. Linda Apted

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 2:49PM GMT
My great grandfather, Joseph John Ruhlman (1878-1964)was the son of Lorenz Ruhlman (1833-1919)and his second wife,
Margaretha Bohrer (1844-1901). He lived on or near land which is now the Detroit Zoo as a young family man. I believe that he grew up in the Centerline area. I have more info as well...

Posted: 12 Oct 2010 2:20AM GMT
I don't have any known connection. My immigrant was Andre Ruhlmann b-1811, immigrated in 1845. I have no info on any family born after, sorry wish I did. I'll keep you in mind if I ever do.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions