Search for content in message boards

Carrolls in Roane Co. TN?

Carrolls in Roane Co. TN?

Kim Carroll-Morris (View posts)
Posted: 25 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARROLL, TADLOCK
I have not had any luck with the research of my family. It seems I cannot get any farther then my g-grand parents.

My g-grandfather was George Washington Carroll. GW Carroll married Alice Newman. I do not know who GW's parents were.

I have read conflicting accounts on who belongs with what family.

BTW, my Carroll's are from Roane County, TN.
Thanks~
Kim

I have received some info that was e-mailed to me, but, when I requested some proof of where he got the names, I never heard from him again. This is what is says:

Starling Carroll married Cyndia Wagner
who had~
Ben Carroll married Ann Cheatham
who had~
George Washington Carroll

Does anyone recognized these names? Please help!!!!

Re: Carrolls in Roane Co. TN?

Posted: 1 Jul 2001 6:21PM GMT
My Carrolls are from the same area some iin different Cos. I have a Starlin-Sterlin-Sterling who was a ggg-grandfather of mine. He is listed in the Cater Co Census as living with his son John. He was 103 at that time and was deaf. I am getting the feeling he may have been married more then once because of date of births of children that I know of. E-mail me at <lbbears@sssnet.com> Linda

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 6:29PM GMT
George Washington Carroll was my GG Grandfather. My mom has a pretty detailed family tree. You can reach me at SSCollett@Gmail.com

Mr. Carroll's daughter Cordelia was my G Grandmother, her daughter Audrey Alice Rodgers my G'mother.

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 7:21PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll Carrell

I’m not doing as much genealogy now, but I just had to try one more time...

My G-G-Grandfather Major Hardy Carrell/Carroll was born in Sampson County, NC in 1791 and then married in Stokes County, NC in 1815.

Hardy is listed there in the 1820 census, but there was also a Sterling Carroll in the 1820 census (1 male, 1 female, 2 children under 10). That is the only time I see that Sterling Carroll.

There had also been a Ben Carroll in Stokes County, NC in the 1790 census, described only as 1 male. That is the only record I see of him there.

Since the names Ben and Sterling/Starling are both in your family lineage, I have to wonder if there could have been a connection to my family. I can find no other link that might have caused Major Hardy as a young man to leave his family area and go to Stokes County.

Major Hardy’s father was Alexander Carrell, and his father was Dempsey Carrell, Sr. Dempsey, Sr. was in Duplin County, NC by 1769. That area became Sampson County in 1784.

Lura

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 7:06PM GMT
I did not know my Dad... he and Mom got divorced while I was very young, but I understood that he had moved to Tennessee. Your Dad's name wouldn't happen to be Jimmy Boyce Carroll, would it?

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 11:58PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll
I don't know a Jimmy Boyce Carroll.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions