Search for content in message boards

DELEURY/DELOHARY-CORK>CANADA

DELEURY/DELOHARY-CORK>CANADA

Sharon Parent (View posts)
Posted: 29 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DELEURY, DELOHARY, DELORY, DELAREE, DELOUGHRIE
I am having some problem in tracing the names of persons who arrived in Canada 1823 from Cork, Ireland.
I have a Bridget Jane DELORY. Her parents are recorded as Irish however, I cannot seem to figure out the correct spelling of her surname to dig further back into Irish ancestry.
Although, her surname is spelled as DELORY, in census records etc, I recognize that this is an English spelling.
There was a John and Bridget Deleurey that were on a ship the Stakesby? in 1823. I believe these are her parents. The last name is spelled as Deleurey, Deleury and Delohary. I have also heard a possible pronunciation of Delaree and Deloughrie.
I have tried to find this name in Irish records to no avail therefore, I assume the spelling to be incorrect all way around.
Any help on this problem, would be most appreciated.
Thanks.
Sharon

genealogie of Deleury's family

Deleury (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Deleury
my name is Michel Deleury, I live in France near Paris,if I can help you post me an e mail.

genealogie of Deleurry's family

Deleury (View posts)
Posted: 22 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
my name is Michel Deleury, I live in France near Paris,if I can help you post me an e mail.

Re: genealogie of Deleury's family

Posted: 30 Nov 2010 2:45AM GMT
Bonjour! My mother is a Deleury from France also! She is the Daughter of Paul Deleury (1 of 11 children). His father was Stanislas Jules Deleury, his father was Napoleon Jules {PIPLET} DeLEURY his father Jean-Baptist PIPLET-DELEURY. Do you know the history of the name DeLEURY?? email me at timasu@localnet.com if you are interested. I would love to chat. I still have relatives in Paris and various other towns in France.
Susan Murphy-Goff

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 2:23AM GMT
Hello Mrs Murphy-Goff,

By any chance are you related to Marion Margaret Matott? She married a Mark Earl Murphy Jr. I believe their son married a Deleury in France. Marion Matott is my 2nd cousin twice removed.

Jesse Plante

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 4:25AM GMT
Yes on all counts!! Marion is my grandmother and the son Mark that married a deleury is my father and mother!! How are you related to the Matotts??

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 10:36PM GMT
It's a long and windy path. It's up, over, and across. My tree is far from complete. I traced it through Marie Latour and Simeon Jeannotte. My descended from Marie's brother Pierre Latour dit Forget. I was looking for some of Simeon and Marie's children: Francoise Helena Jeannotte and Lena Jeannotte. They were born in the 1860s and I haven't found anything on them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic