Search for content in message boards

Webbs & Mills of Sussex De.

Webbs & Mills of Sussex De.

Gene Sturtevant (View posts)
Posted: 1 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Webb, Mills, Moore, Getting, Ledleton
Need info on family of Jonas Webb b 1700 in Va. d 1748 in Sussex De. Also his wife Anne Mills daughter of Edward b 1674 in Sussex co and her mother Agnes Moore b abt 1678 in Sussex co. Need the parents of these people and their families. I believe Ledletons are tied in since Ann Mills Webb named of her children Ledleton. Any one with these family names please reply. I have the Webb family on into Harrison co W.Va. fairly complete and will help any one there.

Jonas Webb

Linda Webb (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
I was told by a relative that she believed that Jonas Webb was the father of one of my descendents. I think the name was Jeremiah or something like that. I have the info copied down somewhere. I know where the graves of everyone is at except for Jonas and Ann Webb. Years ago, I was researching to find a revolutionary ancestor for DAR, but I found it through my mother's line. It may take me a while, but if you are interested, I can send you what I have from Jonas Webb on up. Everyone has lived in Sussex County since then of my direct descendents.

Jonas Webb

Posted: 9 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Mills, Moore
Linda, Iwas thrilled to get your letter about Jonas Webb. Please send any info about the Webb family and any descendents or ancestors that you might have info on.I will gladly exchange any of my records with you. I will e-mail
my snail add. and please e-mail your address to gexe@aculink.net
Thanks Gene

Re: Mills of Sussex De.

Posted: 7 Jul 2002 8:38PM GMT
Surnames: Mills, Lang, McLucas, Woodward, Webber, Cook
I am also searching for information about Edward Mills (1686-1781) m. Agnes Moore. Does anyone have any information that would prove or refute the possibility that Edward's son Luke Mills is one and the same as Luke Mills of Portsmouth, New Hampshire? My information on the family is located here:
http://kanga.cc.wmich.edu/~rudged/gen/mills.html

According to Luke's marriage record, he was from "Northampton Co. VA". It is my understanding that Edward Mills was also associated with Northampton County. Luke's firstborn son was also named Edward.

Re: Webbs & Mills of Sussex De.

Posted: 11 Oct 2002 3:20AM GMT
Surnames: Ledleton
Could your name Ledleton have been Tedleton. The latter is the way my greatgrandfather was spelling his name in the 1850's

Re: Mills of Sussex De.

Posted: 28 Oct 2002 7:44PM GMT
Surnames: Mills
My records show that a son Luke was mentioned in the will of Edward Mills.It does not give any further info about him. I would be interested in comparing some of the info about the Mills family with yoou. e-mail me at gexe@aculink.net

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 9:57PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2004 10:14PM GMT
Surnames: Webb, Mills
Hello,

Don't know if you're still there. I have information on the descendants of Jonas Webb Senior (B: 1700-Northampton, VA) & Anne Mills (B: 1748? Sussex, DE). My wife (maiden name Legg) traces back to Jonas Webb Senior.

Thanks,

Brady Russell
(202) 561-4524
Bolling AFB, DC

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 10:02PM GMT
The information I have is Anne Mills was born about 1702. Daughter of Edward Mills (died abt Oct 1751-Sussex, DE) and Agnes Moore (no info). Agnes Moore was the daughter of Thomas Moore Junior (b: abt 1652) and Elizabeth Getting (Gelding) (b: abt 1656). Hope this helps.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions