Search for content in message boards

Cook/Lineberry

Cook/Lineberry

James Gearhart (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cook, Lineberry, BryantKy, Mullinsky, Flemingky, Gearhart, Huffman
I as been told Ury ,in Raleigh Co. was named after a great uncle , Uriah Cook, and before it was Ury, it was Cooktown named after my ggrandfather Park Cook(1885-1935). Can anyone confm. this?

Second , Park married Sarah Lineberry , date and place unknown, the only place I can find ANY Lineberry's is in Carol Co Va. and Randolph Co. N.C. I can only place them in Ury( Cooktown ) in 1918 when my grandmother was born.

Sarah married a Mills after Park passed and they are all buried in the Mill's cem. between Sophia and Tams.

I'd love to here from anyone that has any info on these families

Thanks......James

cooktown and cook family

SHERRI (COOK) HARVEY (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
I am writing conerning the message i found when investigating the internet for information concening the family tree.Concerning Uriah Cook is is my greatgrand father.my grandfather was his son Basil Cook i have my fathers family bible which contains information about parts of the family. Please write me with any info you have concerning this part of our family and i will provide you with what we have.hope to here from you soon.

Thank You

Sherri(cook)Harvey

Cooke

James (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cook
Sherri , hi , I got the Rosa Cox from a posting on GenFourm
by Homer's grandson James Hall(Betty or Ruby's son?).I tried to contact him but never got a reply. I DID get a reply from a Duke Cook that was a neighbor of Homer's in Cooktown , he was very helpful.

I am going to W.Va.(Mullens) next weekend for my Huffman family reunion , and I hope to do a little research while I'm there.

We have been in middle Tennessee since 1974 , we currently live in Murfreesboro , 28 mi SE of Nashville.

I will be looking forward to recieving your information on the family. Good luck on your move and take care.

James e-mail jrgman@bellsouth.net

cooke family

sherri (View posts)
Hi James,glad to here from you,your info is right except that according to our records it was Annabelle Cox but Rosa may have been a name also.I spent many a years playin in Cooktown, and yes it most certainly was named for Ury Cook,my Fathers step parents lived many years in Cooktown, they also were cooks and were cousins to my father.His birth Mother died when he was still young and these people raised him they were the only Grndparents we ever knew.There are still realitives livin in and around Slapfork,Mullens,Blackeagle etc.Homer and his wife Etta lived next door to my Grandparents in Cooktown.Where are you located. I will be sendin you the info as far as dates and such as soon as possible.I currently reside in Pennslyvania but I am moving this weekend to Texas so i will send as soon as i arrive and get my computer back in workin order.hope that we can stay in contact hope to here from ya soon.God bless

Sherri

Cooktown

James (View posts)
Surnames: Cook e, Bryant, Huffman, Fleming, Estep, Mullins, Gearhart, Lineberry
Hi Sherrie,

Thanks for replying to my message . I have found a little
information on the family since I posted my message. This is what I have
so far.

(1)John Cook & Nellie Pemberton.(1st settlers of Wyoming Co.)
(2)Thomas Dolby Cooke & Margaret Riggins
(3)James Willson Cooke & Deborah Cozort.(5 kids Ellen, Ellison, Sarah,
Marinda Jane and Park.)
(3)James Wilson Cooke&Sarah Mearows (7 kids Jasper,Newton, Lewis, Lige,
Mary Ann,James Remley and John.)

I have John as your ggrandfather married to Rosa Cox and having sons Ury
and L. Homer (My mother's family lived next door to Homer's family when
they lived in Tams )

My ggrandfather was Park , he was first married to Martha Jane Milam and
had 10 children : Martha J., James A., Remley , Causby , Rema , James
Wilson , Mary Angeline , Hulda , Marinia , Frances , and Henry Jasper.

He married second Sarah Jane Lineberry (?) and had 5 children: Rosie ,
Woodrow , Bill , Pearl and Linda (my grandmother)

I would love to hear back from you , until then ....

Thanks again , James Gearhart

cooke family info

Sherri (Cooke) Harvey (View posts)
Posted: 20 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke
here are some names i found in one of my fathers bibles:Ury cooke was my great grandfather-he had the following brothers and sisters:Bill,Mirky,Martha,Homer,Etty,Jim,Walton,Zetty--He was married To Nancy (Tolliver)Cooke,who had three siblings--Booker,Crawford,Hatty.Ury Cooke had the following children--Stacey,Jannice,Enoch,Audrey,Romey,Ermy,and Basil my Grandfather--making John cooke my great-great grandfather--the grandson of Homer you talked to Is betty's Son- i spent lots of time at Homers as a child and know these kid although it has been awhile since i have been around anyof them.my fathers stepmother Nina Cooke lived beside them in Cooktown with my DADS step grandfather Garland cooke i can not remember nina's maiden name But Basil was my fathers bieth father it is a real long complicated story hope all is well and this info helps

JIM Gearheart

Ralph Cooke (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Cooke
I`ve just to let you know that i found a web page with alot of stuff on the cooke family tree. It has a listen for cemetery in Wv . Its on the West virgina genealogy web site it broke down into the county . The Wyoming county site is the one with all the imformance onthe cook`s it go back to JOhn Cooke SR. dad in ENgland.

Jim Gearhart & Sherri Cook Harvey

Pam Kerschner (View posts)
Posted: 21 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: COOK
Jim and Sherri, Please e-mail me. I would like to exchange info on our respective COOK lines. I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Re: Cooke/Huffman

Melinda (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 2006 12:45AM GMT
Surnames: Huffman
My name is Melinda...I am trying to locate a Janice Huffman - unknown married name..she had a sister Sue...and her father was Ray Huffman..They were originally from Mullens then moved to Beckley...My father was once engaged to Janice...He just wants to make sure that Janice had a good life..Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic