Search for content in message boards

Keith's Key of the North Resort

Keith's Key of the North Resort

Posted: 12 May 2003 3:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Does anyone remember a resort near Hazelhurst called Keith's Key of the North? Would anyone know the location or former location?
Thank you.

Re: Keith's Key of the North Resort

Bill (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2005 3:19AM GMT
Hi,
I have an old Chicago Northwestern Railroad map from the 1920s that lists a Keith's Cliff resort on Lower Kaubashine Lake run by Mrs. Lulu Keith. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Bill

Posted: 16 Apr 2012 9:09PM GMT
Have an envelope from Keith's Key o' the North from June 1958. Was on Lake Kaubachien, Hazelhurst, Wiconsin. Rates were $85 each for living room, bedroom, double bed and private bath, three meals a day, served in your cottage if you wished (at no additional charge), use of a rowboat and a sailboat at no charge. Water skiing was $4. Our bill for the week was $181.16. Had three beverages at $.70 each, gas $1.00 and stamps $.06. What a wonderful trip! There is no specific address listed on the lake.

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 11:49PM GMT
Thank you for the reply....I didn't realize anyone HAD replied until now. I'm so happy to know that it existed! I was up there, and drove around upper and lower Lake Kaubashine and couldn't find anyone who remembered it at all!

Posted: 8 Nov 2012 11:51PM GMT
Thank you so much for the reply, I didn't realize I had gotten a reply until now! It helps alot. Sooner or later I will find an exact location for the place!

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 1:49AM GMT
This is now called Black's Cliff Resort and is on Lower Kaubashine Lake in Hazelhurst, Wi.

The Blacks (Maynard) purchased the place from the owners of Keith's Key. The Blacks' granddaughter (Jenny Gibson) and her husband now manage it.

You can check out their web site and blog if you want to see pictures and get a sense for the place now.

Main web site:
http://www.blackscliff.com/

Click Blog at the top of the page to check out what is currently happening. There is also a nice History book now that you can check out. It even references Keith's Key.

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 2:48AM GMT
That's it!!!! THANK YOU...pictures, history, maps, directions! Now I just have to get back up there to see it for myself!
Thanks again!
EVERYONE

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 2:16PM GMT
Surnames: sharkey
Thank you so much for that information. Enjoyed the website. Brought back fond memories from 1958. That sure is the place as we remember it. Will get out old photos for comparison.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions