Search for content in message boards

Hugh Atchison (Acheson) and Ann Stinson

Hugh Atchison (Acheson) and Ann Stinson

Posted: 27 Jun 2007 9:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Acheson, Atchison, Stinson, Craig
Looking for Hugh Acheson b. ca 1827 Ireland or Scotland (records give both locations) married Ann Stinson and had son Hugh born 1855-1865 in Albion Tp Peel Co. Ontario.

Hugh b in Ontario married hannah Craig and died 1950 in Peel Co. Hannah died 1956 Peel Co.

Hugh Sr died 1912 in Dundalk, Grey Co. (no parents names given) and his wife died 1924 (her father's name given as "Rob" Stinson, no mother recorded)

I welcome any info on Hugh and Ann or their children or ancestors.

Lorine
otg AT csolve.net
(replace AT with @ and move the words together)

Re: Hugh Atchison (Acheson) and Ann Stinson

Posted: 3 Mar 2008 10:38PM GMT
Surnames: Acheson
My husbands name is Hugh Thomas Acheson, born in 1944. His father was Thomas Joseph Acheson, born 1919, died in 1942. He had a brother Hugh Acheson who died about 2004. Hugh and Thomas's father was Daniel Acheson, died 1946, he was married to Mary Ann. I don't know any of their geneology but wondered if this might be information you could use. Hugh and Thomas's siblings are Mary, Danny,Edward (Ned) and John? As far as we know the children were born in Ireland.
Sharon Acheson

Posted: 4 Mar 2008 2:50AM GMT
Surnames: ACHESON HUNTER ARMSTRONG CONDY
Charles ACHESON (Jr.) b. 6 Sep 1852 Scotland (son of Charles ACHESON & Mary ARMSTRONG) Charles (Jr.) m. 1876 County Tyrone, Ireland to Matilda HUNTER (dau. of James HUNTER & Ann CONDY) Charles d. 2 Apr 1943 Eugene, Lane Co., OR. Dau. Mary Jane ACHESON b. 2 Feb 1877 Omagh, County Tyrone, Ireland. Any connection??

Re: Hugh Atchison (Acheson) and Ann Stinson/Condy

Posted: 5 Jul 2008 2:08AM GMT
Do you know any of the ancestors of Mary Ann Condy?
My grgrandfather, Archie Condy was the son of Alexander and ?. Archie was born 1848, in Drumquin, Co. Tyrone Ireland, and immigrated to the US. Some of his siblings are John, James, Sarah, Elizabeth, Hamilton, David, and I know there are more, but don't know their names.
Any help would be appreciated.
Carol Condy-Bennett

Posted: 11 Jan 2009 12:18AM GMT
Surnames: ACHESON/MACKINNON
Can you please tell me where your husband Hugh Thomas ACHESON was born? Additionally can you tell me where his father Thomas was born?

My ACHESON family began in Co. Armagh and immigrated to Lethbridge/Clandonald/Edmonton Alberta Canada.

You listed sibblings Hugh and Thomas Mary, Danny, Edward (Ned) and John? I too have those names as sibblings and children of Daniel ACHESON (born abt 1880, Co. Armagh, Ireland, died in Alberta, Canada)and Mary Ann HENRY.

Thanks
Judy

My husbands name is Hugh Thomas Acheson, born in 1944. His father was Thomas Joseph Acheson, born 1919, died in 1942.

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 1:05AM GMT
I don't recognize the name Condy but my research for the Acheson family is minimal. John Acheson, child of Hugh Acheson, child of Daniel Joseph Acheson (b 1880, d 1946) has been collecting information on the Achesons and may be able to help you. If you have no way of contacting him let me know.

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 1:09AM GMT
I don't know the Acheson family history. Am married to Hugh Acheson b 1944, his father was Thomas Joseph b 1917in Ireland, d 1942 in Edmonton, Alberta. Grandfather was Daniel Joseph b 1880, County Armagh, d 1946 in Edmonton Alberta Canada

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: CONDY, HUNTER, ACHESON
At some point I was asked about Ann CONDY wife of James HUNTER. I have no details for Ann CONDY (parents, etc.); however since Ann and James HUNTER had a daughter Matilda HUNTER b. Jun 1847 in Drumquin, Ireland, her mother Ann must have been in Ireland at that time. Since Matilda HUNTER m. 1876 in County Tyrone, Ireland to Charles ACHESON and they had a daughter Mary Jane b. 2 Feb 1877 in Omagh, Co. Tyrone, IRE. Then that family moved on to the U.S. where Mary Jane ACHESON m. Oct 1901 in Oregon, her mother d. 1925 Swisshome and her father d. 1943 Eugene, Lane Co., Oregon.

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 4:00AM GMT
Surnames: ACHESON, ARMSTRONG
I am interested in Charles Acheson and Mary Armstrong and their descendants, particularly their son George Acheson (b. approx 1845) who emigrated from Co Tyrone to Australia in 1863 with his sister Jane. As well as Charles (Jr), another brother, John, emigrated to the US (California).
Do you have a record for Charles Jr's birth in Scotland? I assumed they were all born in Ireland, but haven't seen the records.

Posted: 29 Apr 2009 5:14AM GMT
Surnames: ACHESON ARMSTRONG ATCHISON ATCHESON
I have not seen a record for Charles ACHESON birth, but I was told [probably it really was written down and given to me]that it was 6 Sep 1852 in Scotland. However, he married in 1876 in County Tyrone, Ireland [I've been 'told']. I have met the grand-daughter, but she did not tell me these details [dates].
I have received an e-mail from one of the ACHESONs of Australia, I don't recall the name being George, though. He sent me a picture.
I would be interested a more details on Charles ACHESON and Mary ARMSTRONG myself. I have only their names.
I would love to know if any of the ACHESONs spelled their name as ATCHISON or ATCHESON.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions